Sign in to follow this  
stephenbgs

SODE is making me feel stupid P3D V4

Ok its only a little bug but still....

I Installed SODE 1.5.3 for KMSP and activated it, Ran Flightbeam manager activated SODE jetways, Gate 4 KMSP PMDG 747 no Jetways will work. No triggerable objects within 6.5nm same at every heavy gate

I tested the dll connection through the addon tab and it said it was working.

I also looked in the dll.xml and exe.xml files in /programdata  there is no entry for SODE.

It seems to be a very easy programe to install but it has me stumped, am i missing something obvious?

Thanks to anyone that can help 

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

Assign a key command.  Default is TAB+S but PMDG already grabs TAB for CDU keyboard entry.  I changed mine to Shift+J to be similar to Ctrl+J.   SODE is loaded from entry in programdata\add-ons.cfg.  This is in accordance with SDK.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

I ran into the issue where TAB +S (default for SODE) stopped working when I'm in the PMDG 777 but it's still easily accessible from the pulldown menu.

I think when the OP is saying is that he can access the menu but SODE is acting as if there are no aircraft doors near the jetway such that the jetway isn't going to activate.

Thanks for the advice Dan unfortunately still no luck, I have checked the add-ons.cfg and the SODE entry is added so i'm at a loss.

I have changed my key command to shift+J if i do get it working, Good advice 

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

Just now, jasonboche said:

I ran into the issue where TAB +S (default for SODE) stopped working when I'm in the PMDG 777 but it's still easily accessible from the pulldown menu.

I think when the OP is saying is that he can access the menu but SODE is acting as if there are no aircraft doors near the jetway such that the jetway isn't going to activate.

Yeah that is my exact problem, I could try reinstall KMSP but im not a believer in every little problem requires a reinstall,

I must be missing something obvious   

Stephen

Is there a 'Flightbeam_KMSP.xml' file in C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml?

25 minutes ago, 12bPilot said:

Is there a 'Flightbeam_KMSP.xml' file in C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml?

There was at one stage but after my second attempt at reinstalling SODE its disappeared. I Deactivated modules before uninstalling then removed root folders afterwards  for a fresh reinstall

After the Re-Install the only option in the drop down menu  was to test .dll and it said was working, visually the end portion of the jetway is now missing .

30 minutes ago, jasonboche said:

OOC Did you install P3D v4 Hotfix 1?

Yes running Hotfix 1 but this issue has been going on since KMSP Release a few weeks back, 

Stephen

2 minutes ago, stephenbgs said:

There was at one stage but after my second attempt at reinstalling SODE its disappeared. I Deactivated modules before uninstalling then removed root folders afterwards  for a fresh reinstall

Without that file, you won't see any jetways and SODE will not know about the existance of those.

Uninstall or re-install of SODE does not modify anything in this folder, so I can't explain why the file disappeared.

I'd recommend to re-install the entire KMSP scenery. I think it's the new Flightbeam Manager that puts that xml file into that folder when you select the "SODE jetways" option.

45 minutes ago, 12bPilot said:

Without that file, you won't see any jetways and SODE will not know about the existance of those.

Uninstall or re-install of SODE does not modify anything in this folder, so I can't explain why the file disappeared.

I'd recommend to re-install the entire KMSP scenery. I think it's the new Flightbeam Manager that puts that xml file into that folder when you select the "SODE jetways" option.

Ok KMSP reinstall and Flightbeam_KMSP.xml' file in C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml is back in place still got the same issue as i started with Jetways look complete visually but again No triggerable objects within 6.5nm. At least im back where i started :dry:

Stephen

stephenbgs I just realized maybe you and I are seeing the same behavior. SODE works for me but I have to navigate the menus to actually select the gate I'm sitting at. For instance, when I launch SODE, I see 2 menu options. The first option I believe is to select the stand I'm at. The second option says "No triggerable objects found within 6.5nm/12km..."  I believe maybe what you're saying is that SODE isn't automatically detecting the gate you're at. If that's the case, I have the same thing. I have to choose the gate first, then I can operate it. It's kind of a pain to scroll thru the list to find the right gate.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, downscc said:

Assign a key command.  Default is TAB+S but PMDG already grabs TAB for CDU keyboard entry.  I changed mine to Shift+J to be similar to Ctrl+J.   SODE is loaded from entry in programdata\add-ons.cfg.  This is in accordance with SDK.

Where do we assign a key for SODE?

Do you get a quickly appearing message indicating your jet is too small, door too far away, etc? This threw me a couple of times until I realized a flashing green message  top left indicated that the position of my plane, it's location, size, door level etc. could not accommodate the jetway.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

29 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

Do you get a quickly appearing message indicating your jet is too small, door too far away, etc? This threw me a couple of times until I realized a flashing green message  top left indicated that the position of my plane, it's location, size, door level etc. could not accommodate the jetway.

I saw it flicker once earlier tonight when I selected option 2 "No triggerable objects found within 6.5nm/12km..." but now I can't reproduce it. For now it's just a minor issue.

I just noticed Flightbeam KMSP v1.01 is available. I installed, reset scenery defaults as recommend, and that had no impact on SODE.