Sign in to follow this  
stephenbgs

SODE is making me feel stupid P3D V4

15 hours ago, jasonboche said:

Where do we assign a key for SODE?

I Googled SimObjects Display Engine, visited their home webpage and poked around for information.  Maybe I got this from their forum.  Regardless, the simobjectsdisplayengine.ini file in programdata\12bpilot\sode\ set SecondaryTextMenuHotkey=Shift+j.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

17 hours ago, jasonboche said:

stephenbgs I just realized maybe you and I are seeing the same behavior. SODE works for me but I have to navigate the menus to actually select the gate I'm sitting at. For instance, when I launch SODE, I see 2 menu options. The first option I believe is to select the stand I'm at. The second option says "No triggerable objects found within 6.5nm/12km..."  I believe maybe what you're saying is that SODE isn't automatically detecting the gate you're at. If that's the case, I have the same thing. I have to choose the gate first, then I can operate it. It's kind of a pain to scroll thru the list to find the right gate.

Yeah I believe we have the same issue except if I go through the menu for Stand G4 it's not an available option, it will offer G1, G10,G11......so I can't even select the correct gate through the menu. 

• Upvote 1

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

On 27/6/2017 at 6:32 PM, downscc said:

Assign a key command.  Default is TAB+S but PMDG already grabs TAB for CDU keyboard entry.  I changed mine to Shift+J to be similar to Ctrl+J.   SODE is loaded from entry in programdata\add-ons.cfg.  This is in accordance with SDK.

Hi, can you please tell me where I should go in SODE in order to change the key combination TAB+S? Thanks.

James Goggi

8 hours ago, jgoggi said:

Hi, can you please tell me where I should go in SODE in order to change the key combination TAB+S? Thanks.

I already did, look up a couple of posts.

Dan Downs KCRP

50 minutes ago, downscc said:

I already did, look up a couple of posts.

Thanks, sorry, had not seen it...

James Goggi