Sign in to follow this  
Oskar_GER

How long does it take to the B748?

1 hour ago, Greggy_D said:

Did I hear "please"?  

You guys really need to chill out.

not  really  chris  is only  stating  the  pmdg  rules  if  users  want  to post in here  then they have  to abide by  the  rules,  if  95  percent  of us users  who post in here  have  their  names  why  cant  the other  5  percent   do  as  well. If  you  don't  want  to post  your  name  thats   fine  than  don't  post  in here or  else  you will be  asked  to follow  the  rules   simple  really,please

What  would  be  easier  if  pmdg  would  follow  fsl, and other  forums,  which requires  you  to have  your  name before  you  allowed  to post

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

1 hour ago, PMDG777 said:

You should perhaps familiarise yourself with the forums rules, particularly rule #1, and also this post from Robert:

Are you trying to impress to get an invite to join the team? You seem to be dishing out a lot of directives.

• Upvote 2

David Porrett

6 minutes ago, DavidP said:

Are you trying to impress to get an invite to join the team? You seem to be dishing out a lot of directives.

To quote Kyle in another thread:

On 6/25/2017 at 1:52 PM, scandinavian13 said:

Funny how the people accusing others of being forum police are essentially also playing the forum police.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the people who remind others of the rules help me by not forcing me to type the same thing, yet again. They're also doing the person a service by advising them of the rules that they may not be familiar with. Provided it's done politely, there's really nothing wrong with it.

So...stop being the police of the apparently self-appointed police.

• Upvote 2

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

10 minutes ago, DavidP said:

It's nothing to do with that. I genuinely feel sorry for Kyle and the other guys on the team who have to come on here and permanently copy the same thing out over and over again. What would you rather, I (who is not part of the PMDG team) waste my time do it, or Kyle (who IS part of the PMDG and has other things to be dealing with) waste his time doing it.

Tying this back in to OPs question, the less time Kyle spends telling people to sign their names, the quicker we get the 77W, NGX and 748!!! :happy:

2 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

The rules only state that it needs to be there. As far as I am concerned, it is there, and therefore I have met that requirement. I don't see anything stating how it needs to be there, just that it needs to be there. If they want it there in a certain format, it needs to be made clear, or it ends up being left up to individual interpretation.

I have to say, he's spot on. I just re-read the rule and it passes. I never noticed it on the livery until now. 

17 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

I genuinely feel sorry for Kyle and the other guys on the team who have to come on here and permanently copy the same thing out over and over again.

I need him to eat, sleep, and dream NGX..... jk 😄

Well...that was entirely unnecessary. If someone points to a rule, make note of it and move on. If you're upset by someone pointing to the rules and believe it was less of a simple pointer and more of a cudgel, then report the post and a mod will look at it. Either way, quit sniping at each other.

Kevin - we've been through this before. It satisfies the letter of the rule, but the point is that it's visible to the mods should we ever need to look your account info up, and for everyone to have a little familiarity. While I do somewhat applaud the clever nature of it, I think we both know it's somewhat subversive.

Kyle Rodgers

I think its strange that anyone would order a great cut of beef above MEDIUM. Blue rare, rare, medium rare are all excellent. 

It is well known that most restaurants that serve high end beef will reserve the less than desirable cuts or sections off the rib or loin for customers who order well, or well done. I could not do such a thing to a lovely ribeye or filet.

Its like when I watch my wife smash a perfectly good egg yolk to scramble her eggs vs dipping her toast in it hahaha. I die a little inside every time hahaha

23 minutes ago, Angelo Cosma said:

I think its strange that anyone would order a great cut of beef above MEDIUM. Blue rare, rare, medium rare are all excellent. 

It is well known that most restaurants that serve high end beef will reserve the less than desirable cuts or sections off the rib or loin for customers who order well, or well done. I could not do such a thing to a lovely ribeye or filet.

Definitely with you here.

Kyle Rodgers

On 6/27/2017 at 2:42 PM, scandinavian13 said:

... a bunch of sloppy, and potentially cold, partially cooked goop.

... and that pretty much sums up the current state of the 747-8 :laugh:
(Sorry for the partial quote, Kyle! I couldn't resist...)

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Somehow I understand the question. I am also eagerly waiting for the 748... since many years :biggrin:

Cheers
Wolfgang

1hxz6d.png

I think someone should post a poll about what priority the 748 will have over P3Dv4 updates... :laugh:

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

On 6/27/2017 at 6:05 PM, scandinavian13 said:

I am.

This is different, actually. Most, if not all, issues are taken care of when the surface of the meat is cooked.

Fun fact:
There's also a level beyond rare, but still not raw: blue.

Ya, I've sat across from someone eating a steak blue. No way ever.... How you don't get an upset stomach eating it that way is beyond me. 

Eric 

There is a level beyond blue, too. Steak tartare. The best thing ever. It's not for everyone, just like unfinished software isn't for everyone :-)

9 hours ago, icemarkom said:

There is a level beyond blue, too. Steak tartare. The best thing ever. It's not for everyone, just like unfinished software isn't for everyone :-)

Ah! True! Also very good.

Kyle Rodgers