Sign in to follow this  
Oskar_GER

How long does it take to the B748?

To get back on topic, I would imagine that even PMDG realise the 8 has taken so long, almost everyone has lost interest....

40 minutes ago, junkyspam7 said:

To get back on topic, I would imagine that even PMDG realise the 8 has taken so long, almost everyone has lost interest....

I don't think that's going to make them work on it any faster. I'd certainly get it either way, but I would rather them take their time and get it right than rush it and end up with major bugs on release.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Interesting presumption.  You could be right,  RSR has told the team that since it's taking so long to develop the new product they have missed the critical window of opportunity and there is no longer interest in the product so they will shelve it and move on to something else.  Is this the scenario you envision?  Very interesting.

Dan Downs KCRP

On 6/27/2017 at 10:00 PM, Captain Kevin said:

The rules only state that it needs to be there. As far as I am concerned, it is there, and therefore I have met that requirement. I don't see anything stating how it needs to be there, just that it needs to be there. If they want it there in a certain format, it needs to be made clear, or it ends up being left up to individual interpretation.

That is pretty sneaky.  Reminds me of the time the NHL put in a rule that all player names must be on the back of the jersey. Harold Ballard, owner of the Toronto Maple Leafs, put the names on in the same colour blue with the same colour stitching as the jersey so you could not see it on TV.  The rule was subsequently changed.

One thing that really annoys me about the PMDG forum is the number of people not in any way associated with PMDG in terms of employment or otherwise anointed forum police that feel empowered to enforce this rule.  Why?  If PMDG want it, then they should be the ones to tell people to do it.  Its not up to all of the Avsim users to do so.  Anyway, my personal gripe of the day.

• Upvote 4

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I can't see them prioritising a free update over revenue opportunities. They will want to make the most of the P3D v4 hype window of financial gain. Basic business strategy. 

2 minutes ago, MarkW said:

One thing that really annoys me about the PMDG forum is the number of people not in any way associated with PMDG in terms of employment or otherwise anointed forum police that feel empowered to enforce this rule.  Why?  If PMDG want it, then they should be the ones to tell people to do it.  Its not up to all of the Avsim users to do so.  Anyway, my personal gripe of the day.

Lol, yes.  Very sad people who should, err, get out more and spend more time 'flying' than 'policing'!

Just now, junkyspam7 said:

Lol, yes.  Very sad people who should, err, get out more and spend more time 'flying' than 'policing'!

What about how sad it is that Ballard did this in the 80's and the Leafs still have not won the cup.  

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I think Cap Kev's sig is cleverly done, it's visible and artistic.

2 minutes ago, MarkW said:

What about how sad it is that Ballard did this in the 80's and the Leafs still have not won the cup.  

Perhaps he's a little blue about that?

1 hour ago, MarkW said:

And back to my previous attempt at quoting Kyle in another thread.

On 6/25/2017 at 1:52 PM, scandinavian13 said:

Funny how the people accusing others of being forum police are essentially also playing the forum police.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the people who remind others of the rules help me by not forcing me to type the same thing, yet again. They're also doing the person a service by advising them of the rules that they may not be familiar with. Provided it's done politely, there's really nothing wrong with it.

So...stop being the police of the apparently self-appointed police.

Somebody else pointed out the following, and I don't remember who or where, but would you rather a forum member remind another forum member of the rules, or would you rather have somebody from PMDG waste time reminding people of the rules, which would be less time spent developing the plane.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

2 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

but would you rather a forum member remind another forum member of the rules

It goes beyond a simple reminder.  Some bark out orders and are not pleasant whatsoever.  A simple "please" or "hey, PMDG would like you to post your full name.  Thank you." goes a long way.

Greg Dee

39 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

It goes beyond a simple reminder.  Some bark out orders and are not pleasant whatsoever.  A simple "please" or "hey, PMDG would like you to post your full name.  Thank you." goes a long way.

Greg Dee

Greg,

I know I'm a target with your post and I fully understand that but I'll give you the reasoning behind it being more of an order than a request. It's a rule that is strictly enforceable. Kyle and Robert have pointed this out many times on the forums. It's rule #1. There's a pinned thread from Robert in the 747 forum. The rule is there for a reason. It's not something PMDG would LIKE you to have on your posts, it is something they REQUIRE you to have on your posts.

Again, Chris....it's the way a forum member should talk from one respectful human being to another.  It's not the message, it is how the message is delivered.

Greg Dee

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, junkyspam7 said:

Totally. Might as well give up now...you know...too much time and effort giving people their free upgrades to x64 versions of something we promised before the 748 itself.

Darn those promises and following through on commitments. Guess we should just stop doing that, eh?

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

7 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Totally. Might as well give up now...you know...too much time and effort giving people their free upgrades to x64 versions of something we promised before the 748 itself.

Darn those promises and following through on commitments. Guess we should just stop doing that, eh?

Might as well, most of us have. Shame all that time and effort went into DC6 for X-Plane. You could have wrapped up the 8, 737 and x64 versions of everything. Well, not you obviously, with your commitments...

This is tongue in cheek, Kyle, in case your famous sense of humour didn't stretch to my warped attempt...

;-0