Sign in to follow this  
Guest JustanotherPilot

Mouse wheel depression - is there an alternate setup

Guest JustanotherPilot

I find that pressing the  mouse wheel to navigate around the screen causes a lot of issues...it's hard to find the correct pressure to initiate movement, either too hard or too soft. Many youtube videos where CP is used illustrate  this as the CP menu appears unintentionally throughout the clips. I can recall a flightsim platform that I used in the past(not sure which one) allowed navigation around the screen by holding the keyboard spacebar  and the left mouse button together provide fluid, definite navigation.

Is it possible in CP to assign these combinations to navigate around to replace the current   mouse wheel setup OR is there another way to set up screen navigation WITHOUT depressing the mouse scroll wheel

steve

I would have to agree. It's not smooth and sometimes it stops and you have to press the middle button again. For example in EZdok this was very smooth and very to pan around with the middle moue button. 

Thanks!

Clem

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

You can assign whatever key or button you want in Preferences > Control Assignments > Mouse Look

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Guest JustanotherPilot

Keven,

Thanks..success! BTW Can you make provision to be able to print out all the key/button assignments for ChasePlane that has been assigned by the user...I have so many I'm forgetting which is which.

steve

You can assign it to keyboard keys and joystick buttons.

You cannot assign it to mouse buttons yet.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Please please, Keven, enable the right mouse button, so we can configure it to move the camera like in X-plane. 

Going back and forth with the sims is getting confusing, and the mouse is still the best way to pan around = PLEASE allow the right mouse button to be used to pan.

We definitely tried to do it, part of the code is still in there. We will have a look at that after v1. We understand it's something important for a lot of you!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Guest JustanotherPilot

Since my original post I've been playing around with mouse movements and the best (so far) I've found is assigning the space bar. By holding it down and moving the mouse(no buttons) it moves freely and is the closest to the X-plane right button feeling and it stops the annoying CP GUI popping up unintentionally all the time.