Sign in to follow this  
Treetops45

Getting the Carenado F33A Bonanza going in P3D v4

One of my favorite aircraft.

Apparently only released for FSX, but I have it running very nicely in P3D v3.4. Everything works.

I did a straight "copy & paste" into P3D v4.

Most everything works except power to the gauges. 

It flies, all controls work, light switches that are meant to work, move.

The "on/off" buttons for AP etc don't move, but i think they will if I can get power to them.

Avionics Master switch clicks On & Off , just no juice.

Gauges are not black holes, dials etc are populated.

Would love to get this aircraft going. 

Any thoughts?

Anything I can tweak?

T45

One of my favorite aircraft also, although I have been reluctant to move it over since I cannot get the GTN650 and the FLT/FLN six pack gauges in P3D.

Nevertheless, I'll give it a go and report the outcome..

Bert

OK - moved it over.

The avionics power works if you move over the BonF33.cab file in the Gauges folder.  (at least for me..)

The transponder and FF gauges do not work and need to be replaced.

Sorry to see it without my favorite gauges in the panel... but it does power up!

Bert

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

OK - moved it over.

The avionics power works if you move over the BonF33.cab file in the Gauges folder.  (at least for me..)

The transponder and FF gauges do not work and need to be replaced.

Sorry to see it without my favorite gauges in the panel... but it does power up!

Thanks Bert

Just to clarify - BonF33.cab is moved from FSx or V3.4 Gauges to v4 Gauges folder?

Thanks

T45

Thanks for the tip, Bert.

It's a lot of people's favourite aircraft which makes it odd that Carenado has not yet produced a P3Dv4 version.

Same goes for the V35B.

John

Supporter.png

John

They are going through the inventory in steps... lets give them a couple of weeks.

Bert

I just received from Flightsim Store updated licensing info on my F33A... they are showing that it is now P3D (all versions) ready.  I already have the FSX version working in P3Dv4.1 but I'll try this new download and report what happens.

Greg

I just tried it, and it looks to me as if they did not make the required changes..

The installer indicates P3DV4 allright, but the Fuelflow gauge does not work, and there is a ghost ADF radio at the bottom of the radio stack, instead of the transponder..

And the Gear Lights only work in the Two-yoke model, not in the One-yoke model.

Also the customization one-yoke / two-yoke models are reversed.

I have written to Carenado - they dropped the ball on this one..

Bert

Yep, that's pretty much what I've seen as well.  I use the add-on.xml method of installing add-ons in P3Dv4, and that worked just fine.  I don't know if you installed directly into the sim folder but using the add-on.xml method means the cockpit click sounds do not work.  In checking the installation before testing I saw that all the original files were in place... meaning Bernt Stolle's FDE files I had been using weren't there.

Seems to me this is just a way to bring about a license registration... nothing has been improved or corrected.  For any future install I'll just use my original installer (at least 5 years old with no registration required).  In the end I deleted everything from the "new" install and just copied over my original install of the F33A (which included the GTN 650), the mods I got from you, mods for the cockpit click sound , and now I'm back in business.

Greg

Hi Folks,

Dang - I've seen so many respected members of this community post this as a favorite - I've been wanting to pick this up... Guess I need to add either the F1 or RXP GNS for maximum enjoyment (any preference) ? I'll be looking for the update when this works... Been truly missing my old Dreamfleet Bonanza...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Dang - I've seen so many respected members of this community post this as a favorite - I've been wanting to pick this up... Guess I need to add either the F1 or RXP GNS for maximum enjoyment (any preference) ? I'll be looking for the update when this works... Been truly missing my old Dreamfleet Bonanza...

Regards,
Scott

The GTN650 does fit in the panel, but without having the RXP FLT/FLN gauges, the main six pack looks pretty dated..

In some ways, the A36 with Aspen and twin RXP GNS 430s actually provides a better overall cockpit experience.

In my mind, the F33 was my favorite airplane in FSX, but like the Meridian in FS9, it unfortunately does not carry forward into the next flightsim release.   :bengong:

Better GA candidates for P3DV4:  a2a's airplanes (expensive..),  RealAir's Dukes and Lancair (if you can find them),  JustFlight TB20,  Baytower RV7 (my current go-to airplane), Carenado C337, Alabeo Seminole.

• Upvote 1

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Better GA candidates for P3DV4:  a2a's airplanes (expensive..),  RealAir's Dukes and Lancair (if you can find them),  JustFlight TB20,  Baytower RV7 (my current go-to airplane), Carenado C337, Alabeo Seminole.

I'd add the Alabeo Mooney Ovation to that list... even though those 4K textures hit my system (4790K @ 4.8/1080 GTX) uncharacteristically hard.  Now that I think about it, I'll be making the Ovation perform well for me and probably retire the F33A.  Had plenty of great flying with the F33A over the years...

Greg

3 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

The GTN650 does fit in the panel, but without having the RXP FLT/FLN gauges, the main six pack looks pretty dated..

In some ways, the A36 with Aspen and twin RXP GNS 430s actually provides a better overall cockpit experience.

In my mind, the F33 was my favorite airplane in FSX, but like the Meridian in FS9, it unfortunately does not carry forward into the next flightsim release.   :bengong:

Hi Bert,

Does the RV work in P3D ?

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7