Sign in to follow this  
sightseer

FSW - a mixed bag

This is my opinion as should be obvious and I hope the people on this forum are more tolerant than those at another forum I was just at.

FSW is a mixed bag.  It can look good in some places but it doesn't look right everywhere and as a worldwide sim, it should.

some textures look pretty good
2017-6-23_13-8-6-471.jpg

other places like here in Dallas dont look right.  The buildings are too dark and
so is the ground.  It almost seems that the buildings get darker closer to the equator where sun should be brighter.
I lived in dallas for nearly 40 years and Ive seen it from the air many many times.  Its not this dark.
2017-6-23_13-39-34-960.jpg

2017-6-23_13-40-20-591.jpg

and here is how the TNCM photoreal looks which is from FSX so I wouldnt expect it to look great
and it doesnt.
2017-6-25_9-11-54-854.jpg

2017-6-25_9-32-43-602.jpg

• Upvote 1

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

and I will tell you that I posted this over at the forum of the people who made the ground textures for FSW and it was deleted within two minutes.

I am overwhelmingly disappointed in the inability to take contructive criticism at that forum.  They want 'yes' men only and Im not one.

my post over there had a few more words than the one above but it was only to say that I thought a sim that wanted to be a worldwide realistic sim should be realistic everywhere.  of course I did capitalize the word 'everywhere'.  that's probably why they deleted it.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Hello Dave,

During the Early Access program, we are committed to collecting feedback on FSW from simmers like yourself over at the official FSW forums (On the FSW website and on Steam). The good folks at Orbx don't provide support for FSW as that is our job :biggrin:

Thank you for the feedback (I see you have raised a ticket with us as well) and it has been duly noted. We are focused on other areas at the moment (mainly community fixes and Workshop functionality) however scenery improvements are definitely something we want to get to in the future.

Happy flying!

Aimee

Aimee Sanjari

Brand Manager, Dovetail Games

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

1 hour ago, DTG Aimee said:

Hello Dave,

During the Early Access program, we are committed to collecting feedback on FSW from simmers like yourself over at the official FSW forums (On the FSW website and on Steam). The good folks at Orbx don't provide support for FSW as that is our job :biggrin:

Thank you for the feedback (I see you have raised a ticket with us as well) and it has been duly noted. We are focused on other areas at the moment (mainly community fixes and Workshop functionality) however scenery improvements are definitely something we want to get to in the future.

Happy flying!

Aimee

Thank you very much, Aimee.  A developer with Orbx posted some screenshots with FSW and instead of saying something negative in his thread I decided to make my own post that tried to be as fair as possible while pointing out an issue I strongly believe in and it was immediately deleted.  the developer's post remains though.

Ill look into joining the FSW forum like I was directed to in the email.  I really hope you guys create a good realistic sim.

Beautiful pictures Dave, I have also made tourism with very little money, every day I have time to visit some place with FSW, I have other simulators but I believe a lot in FSW, it's just a matter of time.

Good flights !

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

This is what I see too: View from above is very good but the sides of buildings is strange -- gray and much too dark. DTG is still tweaking the lighting and I think it's improved a great deal since day one but still some work to do.

• Upvote 1

Barry Friedman