Sign in to follow this  
SimPilot221

Unacceptable

Not sure if those are the correct settings using Nvidia's own control panel. Usually people use Nvidia Inspector for that. In any case, I believe you need to select the enhance setting, not override for it to work. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Just now, Sethos1988 said:

Not sure if those are the correct settings using Nvidia's own control panel. Usually people use Nvidia Inspector for that. In any case, I believe you need to select the enhance setting, not override for it to work. 

I tried that already, lad; it produced the same result!

1 minute ago, SimPilot221 said:

I tried that already, lad; it produced the same result!

Try downloading Nvidia Inspector or the newer Profile Inspector and copy these settings

2AstRe0.jpg

and also use 4xMSAA in-game. That should work and give you plenty of anti-aliasing. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 minute ago, Sethos1988 said:

Try downloading Nvidia Inspector or the newer Profile Inspector and copy these settings

2AstRe0.jpg

and also use 4xMSAA in-game. That should work and give you plenty of anti-aliasing. 

And where can one download this 'Invidia Inspector?'

As such what should my settings be in the control panel, mate?

Here's the latest version straight from the developer; https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Orbmu2k/nvidiaprofileinspector/build/artifacts

Nvidia Inspector / Profile Inspector are more powerful extensions of Nvidia's own control panel. So whatever you set there, will be set in the Nvidia control panel. Usually you want to leave the NVCP default and just modify your settings with Profile Inspector. 

Remember to click "Apply Changes" in the upper right corner.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

Here's the latest version straight from the developer; https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Orbmu2k/nvidiaprofileinspector/build/artifacts

Nvidia Inspector / Profile Inspector are more powerful extensions of Nvidia's own control panel. So whatever you set there, will be set in the Nvidia control panel. Usually you want to leave the NVCP default and just modify your settings with Profile Inspector. 

Thanks for ye help mate!

One last question for ya:

anywhere where I can find a guide to settin' up this thing on the most recent version?

Just now, SimPilot221 said:

Thanks for ye help mate!

One last question for ya:

anywhere where I can find a guide to settin' up this thing on the most recent version?

You mean most recent version of Profile Inspector or most recent version of P3D in terms of settings? All the fields in the screenshots should be present in this version and as for P3D v4, it already has SSAA built in, meaning you can forego all this :)

You mean most recent version of Profile Inspector or most recent version of P3D in terms of settings? All the fields in the screenshots should be present in this version and as for P3D v4, it already has SSAA built in, meaning you can forego all this :)

Looks like I've got one more...

In ye screenshot, you have 'Prepard3D V2' on the top, whereas I can only find 'Prepar3D' - not 'Prepard3D v3.'

4 minutes ago, SimPilot221 said:

Looks like I've got one more...

In ye screenshot, you have 'Prepard3D V2' on the top, whereas I can only find 'Prepar3D' - not 'Prepard3D v3.'

Oh yeah, I just lifted that shot off Google, so it's probably a few years old, as I'm using V4 at the moment with its own SSAA. But those are still the correct settings.

But it should just be "Prepar3D" and nothing else, as that covers over both v2, 3 and 4. You can see right underneath the drop-down box, there's a green line of which .exe files are tied to that specific profile. 

17 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

Oh yeah, I just lifted that shot off Google, so it's probably a few years old, as I'm using V4 at the moment with its own SSAA. But those are still the correct settings.

But it should just be "Prepar3D" and nothing else, as that covers over both v2, 3 and 4. You can see right underneath the drop-down box, there's a green line of which .exe files are tied to that specific profile. 

It worked, mate!

Good on ye!

One problem: am now receiving micro stutters. 

Anything I should change here, mate?

Just now, SimPilot221 said:

It worked, mate!

Good on ye!

One problem: am now receiving micro stutters. 

Anything I should change here, mate?

That's both great and bad news

But make sure you've lowered your in-game anti-aliasing to 4x so it matches the Inspector settings. Regardless, Sparse Grid is a very performance heavy form of anti-aliasing. So your GPU might not be able to keep up. You could try kicking the settings down a notch, to 2xMSAA, 2xMultisampling and 2xSparse Grid and see how it looks / runs. 

Else this anti-aliasing method is just too much for your GPU, unfortunately. 

That's both great and bad news

But make sure you've lowered your in-game anti-aliasing to 4x so it matches the Inspector settings. Regardless, Sparse Grid is a very performance heavy form of anti-aliasing. So your GPU might not be able to keep up. You could try kicking the settings down a notch, to 2xMSAA, 2xMultisampling and 2xSparse Grid and see how it looks / runs. 

Else this anti-aliasing method is just too much for your GPU, unfortunately. 

Disregard that last message, mate - I reloaded the sim and all is working great!

Bless your heart.

Have a great day!