Sign in to follow this  
tasev1

installation cannot continue

Brand new purchase and fresh install of P3Dv4, as well as a re-download of the 777-200LR/F package (had trouble getting it off the server).  My P3D is installed in a custom folder, and the error message I get when I try to install the 777 is this: "Installation cannot continue. Your registry does not show a valid Preapar3D(tm) installation location."

Any ideas on this?

Sacha Djordjevic

Aleksandar Djordjevic

WAT528.png

What do you mean "custom folder?"  Mine P3Dv4 root folder is c:\P3D\P3Dv4 and I have no problem, not sure if I call it "custom" but there is no reason why a non-default location wouldn't work unless you are using something unusual like directory pointers.  These don't work with msi installers.  Also, confirm you are not using the EMT migration tool.

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, tasev1 said:

Any ideas on this?

Using the Estonia Migration Tool?

Kyle Rodgers

4 hours ago, downscc said:

What do you mean "custom folder?"  Mine P3Dv4 root folder is c:\P3D\P3Dv4 and I have no problem, not sure if I call it "custom" but there is no reason why a non-default location wouldn't work unless you are using something unusual like directory pointers.  These don't work with msi installers.  Also, confirm you are not using the EMT migration tool.

Confirmed - no need for migration tool, as the 777 is updated to v4 compatibility.  Custom folder like yours, yes (not the default program files one). C:/Flight Sim/Prepar3d (on my SSD) and the 777 being installed from another drive.

Aleksandar Djordjevic

WAT528.png

Problem solved....Even though I thought I overrode my old 777 install zip, I in fact did not.  Their zips don't indicate what version I'm putting in, so I was trying to install an older version.  I downloaded and put the file elsewhere and it worked fine. 

Thanks for the responses.  It's all the stupid silly stuff that holds us back.

Aleksandar Djordjevic

WAT528.png

1 hour ago, tasev1 said:

Even though I thought I overrode my old 777 install zip, I in fact did not.

I've done that.

Dan Downs KCRP