Sign in to follow this  
bobterri

Feelthere E-jets for P3D4?

I posted about this over at the Feelthere forum on simflight.com, but have not had any response from them.  

Has anyone heard anything about them updating this product for P3D4?

Bob Bressert

Considering they didn't update for P3D versions 1-3, I wouldn't hold your breath. 

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

i had a thread going in there. There is interest and support for a more modern model, but only reply back was its being considered. the current version is obviously dead for V4 and its not 64bit and highly unlikely they would just make it  compatible unfortunately.

A shame cause those EMBs are fun to fly.  

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Thanks to all!  I love flying the E-jets!  Too bad there's nothing for P3D4.

Bob Bressert

I don't think they're interested, most of their development is into their Tower products, that's all they've been pushing recently.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Even though I love their E-jet series, I am extremely disappointed in their lack of communication about this product.  It is their prerogative to either continue developing this product or not.  However, for all the people who have purchased this product, it would be nice to know where they stand.  Are they no longer developing it?  Are they planning to in the future?  Or, maybe they just don't know at this point?  Regardless of what their plans are, it would be nice for them to extend the courtesy of communicating those plans with their customers.  

There!  Got that off my chest!

• Upvote 1

Bob Bressert

I don't think Alex Koster-something is with Feelthere anymore. He did all the heavy lifting on the Ejets so I doubt they're left with enough talent to update the planes.

Didn't Realair do some work on these Ejets?

20 minutes ago, bobterri said:

Regardless of what their plans are, it would be nice for them to extend the courtesy of communicating those plans with their customers.

Jim Rhoads over at Flight1 explains this rather nicely. Wear something fireproof.

• Upvote 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Twenty6, you got a link about Jim Rhoads's explanation?  I'd appreciate it.

Bob Bressert

I can't find it. Might have been deleted. And I believe it was in the GTN750 licensed forum so a link wouldn't really help unless you have access to that forum.

If I can paraphrase (and someone correct me if I'm wrong,) Mr. Rhoads explained that he is under no obligation to explain anything to anyone about anything. It's his bat and ball and if you don't like it ... tuff.

In all fairness to Jim Rhoads, there were a multiple of threads asking "where's the GTN750/650 for P3D4," and this one seemed more demanding than most. It might have been better to not reply at all.

Back to the Ejets.

• Upvote 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Hi Folks,

I purchased both the ERJ and EMB packages at the same time (a sale) - the ERJ pack was by far the best of the two commercial Embraer packs - the EMB package just gathered dust after a couple of flights... I flew the wings off that little regional beast and that's the one I would truly like to see carried forward... I loved the FADEC and it was a hoot to fly...

The EMB advertised FDE by Rob Young - but we had a thread years ago discussing the FDE and Rob publically stated the FDE was seriously modified after his work and took no credit/responsibility for it...

I had thought the ERJ FDE was made by the gentleman from Mud Pond (can't think of his name at the moment) - he does a bunch of work for Flight 1 FDE models which I tend to like - I know he did the Coolsky MD-80 which was another favorite...

Yeah - hated leaving my Embraer behind - maybe the new AS CRJ will fill that niche...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I actually have the ERJ series too, through Steam.  I agree it's a fascinating plane to fly and enjoy it very much.  Personally I prefer the E-jets, but to each his own.  

I guess there isn't anything else to say in this thread except to repeat that I just wish the developers would let us know what is planned if anything.  I'm repeating myself, so happy flying to all.

• Upvote 1

Bob Bressert

highly unlikely, are they going to make ERJ V2 instead?

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.