Sign in to follow this  
byork

F1 ATR or F1 B200 or PMDG B1900C?

Been flying the heavies, looking for a short-hop turboprop to fly.Which is "better" package, The ATR or King Air B200? Or PMDG's B1900C at $15?I fly exclusively from the VC so full VC functionality/control is desired. Thanks,PatAMD A64 4000+ @ 2.6GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 1GB DDR, LTK6800GT-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, WDRaptor10KrpmHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke + TQ, XP-hsp2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

PMDG offers a nice bang for the buck, but id highly reccomend the reality-xp avionics with it. The B200 with the RXP430/530 is one nice package. The ATR is very realistic and modernized. Of the 3, the B200 would be my first choice with the RXP430/530.

any of your choices will be great. YOu have to ask yourself what type of flyer are you? I have all three of them, I fly the B1900c tons more then the other two, why? just because its simpler, bottom line. I'm into a lot of other hobbies, and I want to fly when i fly and not have to go through lots of study and checklists.now if study and chklists are your thing,. then don't get the 1900 get the atr with fscrew as mentioned above, that will keep you hummin.ciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Guest FlyingYang

Suggest you to get F1 ATR or F1 B200.

Hi,I've got them all and it depends on what kind of system complexity you would like.The B1900 is the cheapest but it is (more or less) a 'standard' FS2004 aircraft (system wise)The KA200 and ATR are much more complex and have almost all systems simulated, where the ATR has more features.Since the KA200 is primairly a business prop and the ATR an airliner, choosing between these 2 depends on your own preferences.If I had to choose, the ATR would be my choise.Edit:P.S.Mostly I fly in 2D panel, so I don't know if both VC's are fully clickable. I suspect both are, but don't know for sure.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Thanks ALL:I just got the B200--I have airliners like PMDG744 (perfection), LDS763 (great), F1 MD80 (work in progress) so decided to get something much smaller. I have the SF260 (excellent) on the smaller GA side. ATR looked cool but I decided to give airiners a rest until PMDG's next offerings come out.B200 looks good from what I've seen so far, it's fun flying her. I would say that the night panel lighting of the NavDisp and TCAS gauge don't have a lightmap so they are quite dark (can't see), which is kinda annoying. Other than that, it looks very promising: Good frame rates, nice feel of the flight model, great visual models, panels, and sound. As far as VC+system modeling is concerned, PMDG744 is still the most complete one on the market right now.Pat AMD A64 4000+ @ 2.6GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 1GB DDR, LTK6800GT-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, WDRaptor10KrpmHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke + TQ, XP-hsp2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Guest IanP

Just a question, but have to clicked to increase the brightness of the TCAS gauge? The on/off gauge is also a brightness control.Cheers,Ian P.

Hi Ian,Yes, I max'ed the brighness using the on/off switch of the ND and skywatch TCAS, but gauges are still very dark at night.Thanks,PatAMD A64 4000+ @ 2.6GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 1GB DDR, LTK6800GT-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, WDRaptor10KrpmHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke + TQ, XP-hsp2

I love the F1 ATR. you don't have to fly it like an airliner.. you can just dial in the VOR frequency and head out.... I love the VC in this.. the best I have seen.Now, that I have learned the FMC on the PMDG 744, I need to fly the ATR using the FMC. Yup.. I have been flying the F1 ATR all this time without using the FMC. :)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Folks at Aeroworx said the next patch will address the VC gauge lighting issue. This plane is super fun to fly. IMO one of the best of 2005 along with PMDG744.Thanks,PatAMD A64 4000+ @ 2.6GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 1GB DDR, LTK6800GT-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, WDRaptor10KrpmHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke + TQ, XP-hsp2

Guest PDX Bailey

I am very interested in getting the F1 ATR, as I really like the looks of this plane; also, I had a freeware ATR in FS 2002 and really liked the ATR. Am of the jump in and fly camp though. How easy is it to just set the Autopilot for an altitude and heading? Also, is this a very good 'hand flyer?

Watch for a big review of the Flight1 ATR tomorrow at SimHQ (www.simhq.com).The review was done by one of the best reviewers around, Chris Frishmuth, aka BeachAviator.He flies turbo props for a paycheque, so his comments are well qualified.Bryan