Sign in to follow this  
ienatom

ADE buildings not showing in FSX

Hello everyone,

I just started playing around with ADE and I am currently trying to make an airport from scratch to understand how things work. I have now the most important things in order but I am trying to use the Madrid terminal as my airport terminal, and when I start FSX in my airport, the terminal doesn't show.

I added the terminal from the objects library, adding the madrid.bgl file and then adding LEMD_NewTerminal to my airport, but even changing the display settings it just won't work.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help,

ienatom

I can't say, since I've never played around with madrid.bgl, but most landmarks in FSX city BGL files are geolocked, which means that they have their geographic location built into the object. It's possible to open  madrid.bgl with Model Converter X, then save the specific MDL file as a new name and make a new library BGL using another utility LibraryCreatorXML. That may be more trouble than it's worth just to save the effort of creating a new terminal with either GMax, Blender or Sketchup.

Thanks, so I guess that the process is too long and not worth it. But with those programs I could possibly do that with every other scenario and it would work right?

Would buildings from other addons such as Aerosoft airports work as well in ADE?

Thanks,

ienatom

18 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I can't say, since I've never played around with madrid.bgl, but most landmarks in FSX city BGL files are geolocked, which means that they have their geographic location built into the object. It's possible to open  madrid.bgl with Model Converter X, then save the specific MDL file as a new name and make a new library BGL using another utility LibraryCreatorXML. That may be more trouble than it's worth just to save the effort of creating a new terminal with either GMax, Blender or Sketchup.

Thanks, so I guess that the process is too long and not worth it. But with those programs I could possibly do that with every other scenario and it would work right?

Would buildings from other addons such as Aerosoft airports work as well in ADE?

Thanks,

ienatom

As long is this is for personal use, you can basically use the process to create new library BGLs that suit your needs. LibraryCreatorXML is really a very easy piece of software to use. It just takes individual MDL files and creates a new library BGL file. The problem that one has using stock FSX landmark models in ADE is that every model has a unique identifier (GUID). A geolocked model is always going to create havoc if you try to place it somewhere else in the world.

Once you import the original BGL file into MCX, find the specific model and then export it as an FSX MDL. It is saved with a new GUID to differentiate it from the stock model. Once the BGL library file is created, then all you have to do is add it to your FSX scenery library. The best source of tutorials and other information of this nature can be found on www.fsdeveloper.com. The folks there are extremely helpful.

The three 3D modeling programs that I mentioned are all freeware. Of the three, the easiest to use is Sketchup, but its more limited in scope than either GMax or Blender.

8 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

As long is this is for personal use, you can basically use the process to create new library BGLs that suit your needs. LibraryCreatorXML is really a very easy piece of software to use. It just takes individual MDL files and creates a new library BGL file. The problem that one has using stock FSX landmark models in ADE is that every model has a unique identifier (GUID). A geolocked model is always going to create havoc if you try to place it somewhere else in the world.

Once you import the original BGL file into MCX, find the specific model and then export it as an FSX MDL. It is saved with a new GUID to differentiate it from the stock model. Once the BGL library file is created, then all you have to do is add it to your FSX scenery library. The best source of tutorials and other information of this nature can be found on www.fsdeveloper.com. The folks there are extremely helpful.

The three 3D modeling programs that I mentioned are all freeware. Of the three, the easiest to use is Sketchup, but its more limited in scope than either GMax or Blender.

I tried what you said, but still the terminal building doesn't show... Maybe it's something alse? I will try and ask for help as well there!

Thanks

Like I said before, I've never done any tests with objects  in madrid.bgl. There could be something  else wrong.

19 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Like I said before, I've never done any tests with objects  in madrid.bgl. There could be something  else wrong.

I managed to make everything work using a program I found which is made only for geolocking/unlocking FSX features called (guess what) GeoLock.

Thanks for your help!

Good work.

Creating scenery for either P3d  or XP11 initially  seems daunting, but once one gets over the initial hurdle of learning  how to use the various  software tools, it is really a lot of fun.

• Upvote 1

Hi All, I just found this little tool that will unlock the geolocked scenerys in FSX. It is simple to use. It is a good idea to make a backup of the original BGK though. Also you will need to remove the originaal bgl and replace it with the new bgl created by the geolock tool.Hope this helps to simplifey the issue.

Here is the link: http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?Folder=Geolock