Sign in to follow this  
Guest Terblanche

Strange Display

Guest Terblanche

Could someone please explain to me why the FSNavigator display now looks like a mess ...?(see picture)It seems it is displaying all over the place and if I zoom in or out, then it becomes even more chaos.GeForce6800NVidia 81.98 drivers1280x960x32AA:4AF:8Kind regardsTerblanchehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/140934.jpg

Hi Terblanche,That's certainly a strange one. If it was me I would be suspecting the graphics drivers. Try a reinstall of the 81.98 drivers and see if the problem resolves. Does Dxdiag check out normally?Cheers,Mike

Guest Terblanche

Thanx for the reply Mike ...I've tried everything before I tried the forum - reinstalled drivers, changed the AA and AF and still if I load FSNav ... it takes a long timeand then the display.Checked DxDiagcould it be DirectX9.0cT

Perhaps you could first try reinstalling DirectX 9.0c and, if that doesn't work, try reinstalling FSNav and recreate the database (FSNavDBC) from scratch.Clutching at straws perhaps, but faced with this that's what I would be doing at this point.Does this happen when FS9 is running in a window, full screen or both?The only other thing I can think of trying is the reinstallation of an earlier driver set when all was well with FSNav. If that works then I would wait until a new set is released before attempting again to update.N.B. Remember to first create a Restore Point before doing anything - Always provide yourself with an escape route!Come to think of it, you could always try the effect of Restoring to an earlier time.Anyway, a few ideas for you to play with.Mike

Guest Terblanche

Yip Mikeyou were right -I installed the latest drivers (NVidia 83.60 beta) and reinstalled FSNav and recreate the database ... and it is fixed. ;-)Thanx for the helpT