Sign in to follow this  
spearmint_flyer

Vibrating terrain (little stutter)

Im really having a hard time explaining this. I just reinstalled V4 with the new hotfix after having issues with dynamic lighting and fps. I was able to correct the problem but now I am having an issue with the terrain vibrating? Trembling? It's like it was shaking or vibrating. It's not a stutter of the whole sim but more just the ground. 

Anyone seen this behavior? 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

16 minutes ago, RancidViper said:

Hmmm maybe they added earthquakes in the last update! :laugh:

Very possible.

Signature.png

Warriorpilot,

I have seen this phenomenon, or at least something similar in FSX in recent weeks. I don't know what causes the phenomenon or wether its P3Dv4 specific or something in the OS updates or graphic driver, the only MS update i've done recently is ".NET 4.7 for Win7/64/pro" including a pre-requisite .dll installation (D3DCompiler_47.dll) which is not present in W7 OS by default, but is apparently already part of W10 OS ready for .NET 4.7. 
I'm just having a guess with regard to the 4.7 .NET and the new D3D .dll as these were the newest items installed prior to the tremble phenomenon and any new D3D component not previously used or integrated for use in the sim.
My Graphics driver / settings unchanged, sim settings also unchanged, no new utilities or updated sim software, I don't use camera facilities like EZdok or Chaseplane, but do use A2A's (accufeel) so I'm thinking its something outside the sim.

It always occurs in external Spot view and particularly Locked Spot view while stationary on the AP apron or runway, where the camera seems to tremble and jump as though being buffeted by a strong gusty wind.

It does not seem to happen in VC and does not affect the sim with stutter FPS loss or any other noticeable negative side effect.

Chaseplane??  and in what aircraft?  Using activesky? 

14ppkc-6.png

4 minutes ago, tooting said:

Chaseplane??  and in what aircraft?  Using activesky? 

No chase plane. It was the 777 and yes I was using AS.

Signature.png

maybe have a look at the activesky turbulance settings ?

14ppkc-6.png

This issue has been around for a long time. I also have it (pre-hotfix), I had it with FSX too.  Not all the time and only noticeable in spot view, especially when close to ground level (obviously).  In the FSX days I think the mesh complexity had to be set back one notch from max in order for this to go away.  I don't beleive it has anything to do with any other addon.  It is an inherent 'ism' of the core sim

i see, I can't for the life of me understand why this is happening, if I go to unlimited frames it goes away mostly. But if I lock them to 40 I see them again. 

3 hours ago, ErichB said:

This issue has been around for a long time. I also have it (pre-hotfix), I had it with FSX too.  Not all the time and only noticeable in spot view, especially when close to ground level (obviously).  In the FSX days I think the mesh complexity had to be set back one notch from max in order for this to go away.  I don't beleive it has anything to do with any other addon.  It is an inherent 'ism' of the core sim

Signature.png