Sign in to follow this  
simmerluke

Advanced Tab Sliders

Very much enjoying my first experiences with Chase Plane with P3d v4.

I have started creating some presets for the default A36 and PMDG 747-400 and set the various advanced tab sensitivity sliders to my liking for transition and mouse look speeds.

To appeal to my OCD tendencies, is there a way to set these to a specific value - they are quite difficult to get all the same and the numbers don't seem clickable as they are with some other sliders.

Also, is there a way to carry these slider positions over to other aircraft, ie. make them 'global'? As far as I can see they are only specific to the camera set I am using at the time.

Luke

Luke Spencer

Hi Luke,

Currently, you cannot set values directly un the Advanced tab but that's coming. We will make them the same as the Motion Effects input fields. For you you can have granular control using the keyboard arrows to change the value.

You can Right-Click on any slider knob or toggles in the Camera section and Make it Default. You can also apply to all aircraft and recall the default setting. Double-clicking the slider knob will reset its value to the said default.

Hope it helps!

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Many thanks Keven

Great to hear that you intend to add direct entry of the numbers under the advanced tab!

I understand the right-click Make it default selection, which allows me to Reset to that same default from then on. However I can't see an Apply to all aircraft selection. Are you saying that the Apply to every preset should achieve this? The sub text underneath suggests 'for this camera mode' only.

Luke

Luke Spencer

Hi Luke,

you can only apply this to presets in the current camera mode for the current aircraft. The potential for mistakes would be too great to put a direct "Apply to all" button.

We are looking into ways of safely giving this option in a future update.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

A way around this dilemma could be to allow a particular profile be designated as a "master" - then have an option in all other profiles to use a master (maybe a drop-down if more than one master is set - eg:Master01 Name, Master02 Name).

Then .. when you make changes to any of the masters, it can ripple through all profiles that point back to that master.

Sounds easy - but how you would code it is another matter altogether, LOL!

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

We have been toying around with this idea for a while. We know how to implement it, we just don't have the time to do it right now. It's going to come as an update at some point 

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42