Sign in to follow this  
FishermanIvan

Loss of sounds after long pauses

Just noticed this today; after a long pause overnight at TOD, I came to finish my flight this morning and I've lost all the minor sounds; switch clicks, seatbelts, stuff like that.

Not a game destroyer, but figured you'd wanna know.

3 hours ago, FishermanIvan said:

Not a game destroyer, but figured you'd wanna know.

It is curious, however, I think there's a bit of an assumption that the problem lies in the wrong area, however. I'd be more curious about your sound setup, and your VAS use, honestly. Sounds a lot like a misconfiguration, or you ran out of extra memory for those sounds to be loaded.

Kyle Rodgers

It's happening in P3DV4, and it did in V3.4 as well.  I honestly haven't tried it in other aircraft, just the 747.  I would assume VAS isn't a think any more in V4? 

Just for reference, I've got 16gb of RAM and a GTX970, so I would (no expert) THINK that there's enough memory for it. 

Usually if I leave the TFDi 717 paused overnight, it ######'s itself and crashes P3D, so it's hard to test with anything else.