Sign in to follow this  
DTG_Cryss

Community Update 4 Coming This Week

Later this week we'll be unveiling our 4th Flight Sim World Community Update. We've focused on the aircraft, fixing some significant bugs (including instant mission failures) and upgrading the Workshop by allowing you to share flight plans with other simmers. 

Read on for the full change log: 

Steam Workshop

• You can now publish your flight plans to Steam Workshop for others to use.
  • You can also browse for, subscribe to, and use Steam Workshop flight plans created by others.

RV-7

• Tuned audio to make the engine sound more powerful at high throttle and more fluid when changing engine speed.
  • Interior visually enhanced
  • The panel light switch functionality improved
  • "TERR" GPS button is now labelled correctly
  • Exterior lights are now toggleable with CTRL+L

PA-34 Seneca

• LOD improvements
  • Target altitude is now able to be set on the Primary Flight Display and autopilot.
  • Brake functionality improved
  • Altimeter hold and altitude can now be set
  • UI – ALT now works as well as the dial +- and scroll mouse
  • Yaw switch functionality improved

PA-28 Cherokee

• Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) gauge functionality improved
  • Landing light can now function independently
  • COMM NAV knob selectibility improved

PA-18 Super Cub

• Fuel tank selector now defaults to “on”
  • Added light to Transponder

PA-46 Malibu Mirage

• Mag and Battery switches now enabled
  • Overhead panel switches are now selectable
  • GSI added to Horizontal Situation Indicator (HSI)
  • GNS530 range button functionality improved - Buttons can be left clicked for function or mouse wheel can be used on the centre part of the button.

DA40

• Ambient cockpit animations added
  • G1000 RPM reading functionality improved
  • Ground contact points improved
  • NAV2 standby functionality improved
  • Flood light knob functionality improved
  • G1000 speed references now mirror the backup ASI

DA42 Twin Star

• Ambient cockpit animations added
  • Flood light knob functionality improved

Additional improvements

• AI PA-18 no longer bounces
  • Ice effects added to PA-18 for “Icing Condition” mission
  • Fixed a bug which caused instant failure on lessons LAPL 2, 3 & 5 and PPL 1
  • Background engine sound now stops after you crash

We'd like to thank everyone for their contributions throughout Early Access in shaping the future of Flight Sim World. If you've come across any bugs then please submit a bug reporting form or for any other issues contact us through Kayako.

• Upvote 3

Dovetail Flight Community Manager: Catch me on Twitch

Nice. Keep 'em coming and good luck with everything!

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Good news !
Thank you

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

Good work guys keep um coming.

Ray Fry.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Thanks very much Cryss! 

Glad to hear about the EGT gauge n the Cherokee, I kept thinking the engine was about to catch fire. :biggrin:

Barry Friedman

I'm gonna take a guess that this one will be out on Thursday if previous updates are anything to go by.

I imagine everyone at Dovetail must all go to the chippy or something on a Friday, so they wanna clear the decks the day before lol. If that's true, get me Cod and Chips and put it in a taxi for me will you? it's only 237 miles from Chatham to Stockport, so it won't cost you too much in a minicab. Cheers.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

37 minutes ago, fshobby said:

Thanks very much Cryss! 

Glad to hear about the EGT gauge n the Cherokee, I kept thinking the engine was about to catch fire. :biggrin:

Funny thing about EGT gauges is that they are a garbage in/garbage out instrument. 

When I first bought into my 182P, everyone was complaining about high fuel burns. So I went up, leaned to rough and one turn in for best economy (which is POH recommended for the o-470u) and sure enough the EGT was showing well over peak. Everyone had been flying 4-5 turns too rich because the EGT gauge was way off. 

You first have to lean to peak, then adjust the EGT gauge with a tweaker so that the peak is accurate, then you can set the yellow guide hand where you want it. An single EGT gauge is also not giving you a real temperature. It's just temperature relative to peak. 

Besides just having an excuse to explain that, the moral of the story is that doing it the old fashioned way still works just as well. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bonchie said:

Besides just having an excuse to explain that, the moral of the story is that doing it the old fashioned way still works just as well. 

Thanks for the insights! I didn't know EGT was a relative thing.

Barry Friedman

Thanks @DTG_Cryss Any chance they fixed the Vertical Speed Indicator (VSI) in the PA-28 Cherokee this round?

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

Please can DTG fill my empty TrueSky folder in update 5 it`s sitting there with nothing to do:biggrin:.

Ray Fry.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 hour ago, rjfry said:

Please can DTG fill my empty TrueSky folder in update 5 it`s sitting there with nothing to do:biggrin:.

Ray Fry.

Amen brother Fry.

Glad to see the RV getting a texture overhaul; currently it's visibly below the other pits.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

15 hours ago, Chock said:

I imagine everyone at Dovetail must all go to the chippy or something on a Friday, so they wanna clear the decks the day before lol. If that's true, get me Cod and Chips and put it in a taxi for me will you? it's only 237 miles from Chatham to Stockport, so it won't cost you too much in a minicab. Cheers.

Haha! nice try :ha:

Aimee Sanjari

Brand Manager, Dovetail Games

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg