hpwells1

Network Configuration

I recently installed Panel Builder (PB) into my motion platform flight simulator and it works quite well however I do have a lot of add-ons in the game computer and in some situations I have had the game shutdown and I know that this the PB causing this problem.  What I would like to do is a Network Configuration using another computer (lap top)  as to take away some stress on my game computer.  At this time I have my motion Platform connected this way and it works well.  I have the PB installed into both computers but I don't see any way to connect one to the other.   The two computers are connected together using a cross over cable with each computer having a different IP address assigned. I have read the PB  manual and I don't see where it say's how to this.  Thank You

hpwells1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

OK, since I last posted this thread I have been reading and rereading the manual and I think I have made some headway.  One problem "I think" was that I had installed ver. 2.94 on my lap top and in my fsx computer (game) I had ver. 2.97 installed.   I am now running 2.94 on both and using the 224.11.5.62 IP.

I am able to connect from my game computer to my lap top using the FSX Interface, however the problem I have is that the gauges show up on the lap top, not my game computer"BUT" they are working with FSX running.  So how do I get the gauges to show up on my game computer???

hpwells1

Is this the right forum for this problem or should I go else where to get help for Panel Builder which I purchased a while ago and think it's great  ???    Is this the  "Sim Plugin "Support" Forum"???

Sorry, I'm not sure what you are trying to do. Are your trying to run Panel Builder on the laptop to offload it from your gaming computer? OF course the instruments would show up on the laptop. Why are you expecting to show them on the gaming computer if you want to offload them from there? Normally you would install the FSX Interface on your gaming computer and Panel Builder on a second computer (with the instruments showing there).

Please clarify, then I can help. Also, we do have support via e-mail as well (support@simplugins.com).

I guess that I was misunderstood. And yes,I thought that I could use a second computer (lap top) to take some of the offload  away from my game computer like I did with my motion platform using the Sim Tool plug in's from XSimulator.  So I was "thinking" that by installing PB on my laptop and installing the interface on my game computer and using the interface connect, I could have the gauges on my game computer and position them where needed.  I tried the e-mail and it did not go through.

hpwells1

Is there anything else I can help with? I believe that I answered your question.

What else do you need to know? I described how it works with Panel Builder on a second computer:

- You have to install the Panel Builder Interface on your computer with FSX, which you did.

- Panel Builder (with the instruments) can then go on any other computer in the network (including the same computer as FSX)

What you want to do does not work. Why would installing Panel Builder on your laptop show the instruments on your FSX computer? This is 'back to front'. The Interface connects to FSX and sends data to the Panel Builder instruments.