Sign in to follow this  
Tatave

G3D.DLL CTD FSX

Hi all, 

I've been experiencing this issue lately that started out of the blue. Every time I depart from YBCG (Gold Coast), a sudden CTD happens about two minutes into the flight.

Event Viewer had this log: 

Faulting application name: FSX.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3
Faulting module name: g3d.dll, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e180c
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0006b4f0
Faulting process id: 0x1118
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2f019cd06b915
Faulting application path: C:\FSX\FSX.exe
Faulting module path: C:\FSX\g3d.dll
Report Id: 2641fef5-5c0e-11e7-a285-1c6f6521aae3

Looks like g3d.dll is the source of the problem, but I'm at a loss on how to fix this. I have FSUIPC4 (latest version) registered and installed. Any clues please? 

Thanks in advance! 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

If it only occurs at a specific airport, it's likely tied to scenery.

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Thanks Luke! Unfortunately that's where I'm stuck... I've uninstalled every single add-on scenery I had, but the problem still occurs at about 3000ft while climbing. I should add as well that I tried out a flight from Sydney to Brisbane (overflying the Gold Coast, where the CTD occurs), and it happened again while overflying. There's something wrong with that specific area. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

1 hour ago, Tatave said:

I've uninstalled every single add-on scenery I had, but the problem still occurs at about 3000ft while climbing.

You did not need to uninstall all of your addon scenery.  As stated in the AVSIM CTD Guide, just rename your scenery.cfg to scenery.off and and it would have been rebuilt to the default.

Make sure you have no tweaks in your fsx.cfg, especially a high LOD_radius, the AffinityMask, or Bufferpool tweaks.  I strongly suggest, as stated in the AVSIM CTD Guide, that you rename the FSX.cfg to FSX.off, restart FSX and let it rebuild.  Your setup has an anomaly that needs to be resolved and you must make sure it is not in your fsx.cfg or scenery.cfg.  If you have an AI program installed, make sure you disable that too as it has been known to cause errors if an AI flight plan is not found in the area where you are flying.  AI need flight plans and/or aircraft to fly the flightplans.

I tried to duplicate by flying the route for 5 minutes and had great FPS and VAS remaining. 

The FSUIPC is supposed to trap most of the g3d.dll errors but it doesn't trap them all.  The g3d.dll error caused a lot of headaches soon after FSX was released and the cause of the error was never found but most of us were saved when Pete set up the FSUIPC to trap most of the errors.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thank you Jim. Unfortunately, removing the scenery.cfg and fsx.cfg files didn't work. I have disabled the traffic add-on I had running to no avail. I've also removed the DLL.XML and EXE.XML as recommended in the CTD guide. Currently, I'm running the default 737 over default scenery. The only change I have made to settings at all is the application of the HIGHMEMFIX=1 tweak. 

Definitely a headache this one! Is there anything else that could be done short of a complete FSX reinstall? 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Cancel that, found it! Looks like there was a problem with OFX Australia and New Caledonia evolution. 

Thank you for your help! 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Good to hear you found a fix.  Thanks for letting us know your solution.

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10