Sign in to follow this  
DrUzi

A warning to all X-Plane users!

I agree the title is very misleading, but it sure caught my attention. The story was not what I thought it might have been.

Better to have focused a discussion and kept civil.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

1 hour ago, Daedalus said:

That's rather a generalization. I own both FF 757 v2 and 767 and there are extremely good simulations. I think you need to be more careful when tagging a brand "incorrect simulation". At least own the specific plane, FF 767 in this case and share specific bugs to make an argument, before you blame FF.

I stand by my statements on how they code their products.  there is a reason they can release new planes rather quickly were it takes teams like PMDG,FSL,IXEG and majestic much longer.... and that reason is simulation depth and accuracy.  

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

11 minutes ago, mikea76 said:

I stand by my statements on how they code their products.  there is a reason they can release new planes rather quickly were it takes teams like PMDG,FSL,IXEG and majestic much longer.... and that reason is simulation depth and accuracy.  

Again, what "how they code their products" means? Do you have a specific coding dissatisfaction? What "simulation depth and accuracy" you haven't found on the FF 757 v2 and 767? Don't compare their 777 and 350 with their 757 v2 and 767. The latter are high quality simulations. You won't find anything missing in a normal operations flight. Also, they don't release that quickly. I'm still waiting for their 767 pro update and XP11 features support. Judging from your 777 experience their 757 and 767 is completely unfair in my opinion. 

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

25 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

Again, what "how they code their products" means? Do you have a specific coding dissatisfaction? What "simulation depth and accuracy" you haven't found on the FF 757 v2 and 767? Don't compare their 777 and 350 with their 757 v2 and 767. The latter are high quality simulations. You won't find anything missing in a normal operations flight. Also, they don't release that quickly. I'm still waiting for their 767 pro update and XP11 features support. Judging from your 777 experience their 757 and 767 is completely unfair in my opinion. 

Maybe your right but I am very reluctant to give them money with how poorly the 777 was done.  

If if I have some time maybe I do some tests with someone that owns their newest stuff

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

I purchased X Plane 11 in April and loved it.  I then purchased the FF 757v2 from .org and it blew me away.  I purchased the 777 VMAX last month and love it as well. It is not as detailed as the 757 but still a great plane for the money.  I have also purchased the F18, and world traffic from .org.  When I have had issues, .org and Flight Factor have quickly emailed me back.  Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience with them.  

3 hours ago, mikea76 said:

I agree, there is alot missing from the 757 v2 and 767 in terms of systems accuracy.  Most casual simmers will never notice it and to them it will be just as good as pmdg.  Off the top of my head the engine startup is not quite right, with a dramatic egt rise that would call for an aborted start in the real world, the fms does not model wind forecasts, the perf page is missing most of the parameters, etc.  Unfortunately for xplane, while it is a fantastic sim,  the only developer that follows the systems modelling approach of pmdg and fslabs of modeling each system down to the individual relays and wires etc is IXEG, and their 737 is still not finished. When systems are modeled like this you can tell the difference, they just behave dynamically and it feels right. 

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

43 minutes ago, Pilot53 said:

Unfortunately for xplane, while it is a fantastic sim,  the only developer that follows the systems modelling approach of pmdg and fslabs of modeling each system down to the individual relays and wires etc is IXEG, and their 737 is still not finished. When systems are modeled like this you can tell the difference, they just behave dynamically and it feels right. 

Ahem!  *cough* Saab 340 *cough*

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, GoranM said:

Havent really looking into it, is it really that good?

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

I'll let other people tell you that.  If they want to.  I can't say much about it because I'm one of the developers that made it.  I will say it's being used by 2 airlines in the US for their flight training.

Wait, I think I can show you this.  Here you go.

1 hour ago, Pilot53 said:

the only developer that follows the systems modelling approach of pmdg and fslabs of modeling each system down to the individual relays and wires etc is IXEG, and their 737 is still not finished. When systems are modeled like this you can tell the difference, they just behave dynamically and it feels right. 

Agree here for IXEG.  As for the FF products, it's definitely not PMDG level.  They charge PMDG price, which irks people who used to PMDG product.  FF is more like Captain SIM.  To each their own experience, but I bought both FF 757v1 and 777 and found both to have shortcomings so they are now off in pasture.  As for the OP, if what you described is really FF issues, they would have a much more vocal and angry mob to deal with much sooner than now.  I would suggest you go back and check your steps.  You are new to XPlane and may not be aware of some control quirks which could cause the erratic behaviors you experienced.  Anyway, if you had researched carefully, you would have found out that the FF 757v2 is the one to get rather than the FF767.  There are also plenty of YouTube video with very detail flight with that FF767 as well, which had you watched before purchase would have saved you the anguish.  Anyway, what's done is done and you can't ask for a refund, so you just have to let it go and move on.  Take a look at the IXEG 737 Classic and see if that interests you.  The 757v2 is not my plane as I don't like the look of it, but for a boeing the IXEG is pretty good if I were to fly a tube liner.  You have to wait for the IXEG to be compatible though with XP11, but watch the YouTube video to have a taste.

• Upvote 1

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

34 minutes ago, GoranM said:

Is this compatible with XP11 yet?

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

It will work in X Plane 11, but it is not officially supported yet.  But so far, people have reported no issues, apart from slightly overpowered engines.

I have been flight simming since flight simming was a thing. I have used many payware add-ons including the Level D 767(an add-on that actually gets the 767 right) and PMDG aircraft. I assure you there was no error on my part. Every other aircraft for Xplane works just fine regarding A/T and auto brakes, the FF aircraft does not. Support was awful, the store owner was awful, and I will not be going back there again. There is activation required on these add-ons, so you can't just buy them, get a refund and continue using them. I am using  XP 11.01, I doubt anyone using this aircraft with that version is not having trouble of some sort. If it works for you, good, so glad to hear it. I also have the JARDesign A330, and it works just fine, minus a few minor bugs that don't ruin my landings and ability to taxi in. 

8 hours ago, DrUzi said:

I have been flight simming since flight simming was a thing. I have used many payware add-ons including the Level D 767(an add-on that actually gets the 767 right) and PMDG aircraft. I assure you there was no error on my part. Every other aircraft for Xplane works just fine regarding A/T and auto brakes, the FF aircraft does not. Support was awful, the store owner was awful, and I will not be going back there again. There is activation required on these add-ons, so you can't just buy them, get a refund and continue using them. I am using  XP 11.01, I doubt anyone using this aircraft with that version is not having trouble of some sort. If it works for you, good, so glad to hear it. I also have the JARDesign A330, and it works just fine, minus a few minor bugs that don't ruin my landings and ability to taxi in. 

you thread title is attention seeking, please change it to be more relevant to what your complaint was about. 

• Upvote 1

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

11 hours ago, Pilot53 said:

Havent really looking into it, is it really that good?

its a majestic q400 without the FMC.  Its the best turboprop out there