Sign in to follow this  
DrUzi

A warning to all X-Plane users!

10 hours ago, GoranM said:

It will work in X Plane 11, but it is not officially supported yet.  But so far, people have reported no issues, apart from slightly overpowered engines.

which some people roleplay as a 340B and are happy that the plane finally does feel powerfull :D

• Upvote 1

I too have had some issues with Flight Factor products in the past.  BUT, and this is a big "BUT", I find the key to this X-Plane platform is communicating with the community.  EVERY problem I've had with anything in X-plane I've been able to resolve by searching the community forums, contacting developers and posting questions.  This is what makes XP the best sim available, there is universal support as opposed to just developer support.  Because X-Plane offers such an open platform, users have become quite versed in manipulating and fixing problems.  I didn't experience that in FSX and P3D so at first it took time to get used to it.  It took me time to realize this fact and there were moments I became very frustrated, like you.  

The key in X-Plane is use all the resources you have at your disposal to fix your problem.  XP community will help you - every time.  

11 hours ago, Anxu00 said:

As for the FF products, it's definitely not PMDG level.  They charge PMDG price, which irks people who used to PMDG product.

Base Packages:

FF/VMAX 777: 59,95$ 

PMDG 777 for FSX: 89,99$ 

PMDG 777 for P3D: 134,99$ 

Extended Packages:

FF/VMAX 777: 84,95$ (includes all variants, not an upgrade)

PMDG 777 for FSX: 89,99$ base + 29,99$ extension = 119,98$

PMDG 777 for P3D: 134,99$ base + 29,99$ extension = 164,98$

Conclusion: Depending on what sim you fly, PMDG products cost at least 50% and up to 120% more than FF products (even if you don't account for sales which PMDG never has, while FF frequently has -15% offers). There is certainly a quality difference between them, but to say that FF charges PMDG prices is just factually wrong. 

12 hours ago, domae001 said:

but to say that FF charges PMDG prices is just factually wrong. 

How about PMDG Level price? Is that fair?  There is actually a difference in the PMDG extension.  FF extension is just the model and some questionable enhancement.  And they charge 10 $ for each repaint pack, while PMDG charge nothing, buy two add that to the price, and I am not that far off, plus I never said it's the same price.  Given the market, I would say you should be compare the FSX product to FF, as the P3D PMDG include extra cost LM charge and PMDG include the upgrade for P3Dv4.  Can you say the same for FF, says the 777?  The FF should be selling at 50 $ or less compared to the level of simulation PMDG offers.  We all know what kind of package FF offers and the price they charge, which is way more than what you get for it.  I feel burned after buying the FF777 package, being used to PMDG.  Some feature such as passengers clapping and cheering when the plane landed can't be turned off, which is ridiculous childish and amateurish.  Plus there are all sort of gaps in the 3D model, and the wing behavior is ridiculous (as in no wing flex).  I complained about the fact that the 757v1 at night has light leakage around the door and was met with: "well it's the flight and not eye candy, which is a total turn off".  We will see about their claim on the A320 study sim.  I currently trust only XAviation, Rotate and IXEG for what they deliver.  I have not yet try again any other FF products after the terrible 777, and 757v1 experience.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

On 6/28/2017 at 7:56 PM, Pilot53 said:

Havent really looking into it, is it really that good?

Are you serious?  It's incredible... if you're from FSXland - it's like the old PMDG Jetstream 4100 sort of, but better hehe.

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The 777 was a total dismay... never bought anything else from FF again, and I really regret having paid what I paid for that 777... But the upcoming A320... I will see after watching many videos, reading many posts....

But than again, not other Airbus in X-Plane pleases me, with the exception of the QPAC A320 engine...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

5 hours ago, Anxu00 said:

How about PMDG Level price? Is that fair?  There is actually a difference in the PMDG extension.  FF extension is just the model and some questionable enhancement.  And they charge 10 $ for each repaint pack, while PMDG charge nothing, buy two add that to the price, and I am not that far off, plus I never said it's the same price.  Given the market, I would say you should be compare the FSX product to FF, as the P3D PMDG include extra cost LM charge and PMDG include the upgrade for P3Dv4.  Can you say the same for FF, says the 777?  The FF should be selling at 50 $ or less compared to the level of simulation PMDG offers.  We all know what kind of package FF offers and the price they charge, which is way more than what you get for it.  I feel burned after buying the FF777 package, being used to PMDG.  Some feature such as passengers clapping and cheering when the plane landed can't be turned off, which is ridiculous childish and amateurish.  Plus there are all sort of gaps in the 3D model, and the wing behavior is ridiculous (as in no wing flex).  I complained about the fact that the 757v1 at night has light leakage around the door and was met with: "well it's the flight and not eye candy, which is a total turn off".  We will see about their claim on the A320 study sim.  I currently trust only XAviation, Rotate and IXEG for what they deliver.  I have not yet try again any other FF products after the terrible 777, and 757v1 experience.

I'm dumbfounded you include Rotate with the likes of IXEG? Please, you have only tried quite literally the oldest FF models, the 777 was released in 2013 IIRC and hasn't been updated that extensively since release not to even mention the 757.

I love all this talk when not far from now, the DEFAULT 737-800 in X-Plane, with the free Zibo mod (and the other free stuff that is being added such as FMOD and 4K cockpit textures) will beat PMDG's offering in all disciplines - for free. Really, the times are changing, and the developers for the obsolete ESP platform just don't realize it.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

8 hours ago, Anxu00 said:

How about PMDG Level price? Is that fair?

I was referring to price levels the whole time: I'd say the price difference is one or two levels below PMDG FSX pricing, which in my opinion is fair when considering the differences in quality. I'd think a fair comparison is between XP11 and P3D because those are the two up-to-date sims which require addon devs to update their planes frequently. And compared to the P3D pricing of PMDG (which is ridiculous IMHO), FF is almost a bargain. You are right about those liveries of course, they are overpriced, but you can also get good freeware liveries, so no need to purchase them.

I own the 767 and 757v2 and am very satisfied with the quality I got for my money. The visual tutorials themselves make the planes a pleasure to fly, because they are so easy to just jump into. I did not purchase the 777 or the A350 because I read that people weren't satisfied with it. From what I've read the 777v2 should bring the plane up to the standards of the 757 and 767 series, while the A350 is apparently a bad partnership they entered with QPAC. 

I'd say FF still need to work on the consistency of their quality, but the quality they are aiming at and the prices they are charging for it seem to be appropriate to me.

I really wish people would stop generalizing a highly subjective opinion or feelings.
It's disrespectful towards the developer and highly misleading towards the community!

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

4 hours ago, sizziano said:

Please, you have only tried quite literally the oldest FF models, the 777 was released in 2013 IIRC and hasn't been updated that extensively since release not to even mention the 757.

I did try once again with the 757v1 and again left disappointed.  If I must pick one, IXEG is currently at the top of the heap in XP land.  To me anyway, if you are an airliner simmer, the current best combo is PMDG/P3Dv4, with the very good weather injection from AS2016 (when it is compatible).  In XP land, there are still work to be done to get there.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

4 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

I really wish people would stop generalizing a highly subjective opinion or feelings.
It's disrespectful towards the developer and highly misleading towards the community!

Did you mean the OP or are you referring to all of those who replied? If you meant the OP, yes.  As for others, I can't comment.  As for me, I stated facts. There is no opinions or feelings involved.  And if a developer release bad work and charges too much for it, and there is no refund, then such developer deserves to be called out and criticized.  We all commented respectfully here, where did you see the disrespect?  

Vu Pham

On 6/28/2017 at 8:10 PM, Pilot53 said:

I agree, there is alot missing from the 757 v2 and 767 in terms of systems accuracy.  Most casual simmers will never notice it and to them it will be just as good as pmdg.  Off the top of my head the engine startup is not quite right, with a dramatic egt rise that would call for an aborted start in the real world, the fms does not model wind forecasts, the perf page is missing most of the parameters, etc.  Unfortunately for xplane, while it is a fantastic sim,  the only developer that follows the systems modelling approach of pmdg and fslabs of modeling each system down to the individual relays and wires etc is IXEG, and their 737 is still not finished. When systems are modeled like this you can tell the difference, they just behave dynamically and it feels right. 

You explained it perfect.

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

On 6/28/2017 at 8:54 PM, GoranM said:

Ahem!  *cough* Saab 340 *cough*

The Saab is excellent! I have the Saab 340 and ixeg 737.. these are the two best airliners for X-plane

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

On 6/30/2017 at 10:01 AM, mikea76 said:

The Saab is excellent! I have the Saab 340 and ixeg 737.. these are the two best airliners for X-plane

Ill have to try the saab then.  How far off is the xp11 update?

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero