Sign in to follow this  
15tbloomfield

Slow PC

I have a Lenovo H520e with 4gb and a intel i3. I am not sure on the graphic card but I'm sure it's pretty bad. I can upgrade the i3 to a i7 920 but I'm not sure weather that's what I need to upgrade and whether I can. I would love some advise please as I am going to slowly upgrade my pc. 

First up, I would get hold of this little utility:

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

It will analyse your PC and tell you exactly what the components are in the thing, which is important as you need to know what CPUs, RAM, GPUs etc your motherboard will support, so you need to know the exact motherboard, bus speeds etc, and it will tell you all that stuff.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

They are extremely weak component's and appears you are using the on board graphics card 

I'm surprised you can actually fire up the sim with the default card 

ZORAN

The following benchmarks of your current CPU vs the i7 920 might be of interest - http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-920-vs-Intel-Core-i3-3240T

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I would recommend Intel CPU over AMD and not to rely on the onboard graphics card.  As for GPU stay away from AMD and go for nVidia instead.

If you want a good idea as to what type of PC to build/buy head over to Jetline systems and see what they have to run Prepar3D.

\Robert Hamlich/