Sign in to follow this  
Capt. Windh

Trying to install OC MCP....I might need some help...

So I finally got the MCP from Opencockpits (v3, no box, Honeywell with backlight). I thought that this 'Plug and Play' product would be that, more or less.

3 hrs in, still scratching my head.

This is for use with PMDG NGX in FSX.

I understand that I need the connecting interface, SIOC, by the manufacturer, but there's another plugin required in order for it to communicate with PMDG.

And this far I've only found this thing called OC4BA. The software is roughly 50€!!! I'm not in the financial mood to spend that at the moment.. There's a freeware version, but it is said not to work with the latest version of NGX.

If anyone here use these products together, please let me know how to set it up in the easiest way.

I've found a few tutorials like this one: 
https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?259000-Opencockpits-and-PMDG

Which ALMOST takes me all the way, but there's always ONE link to a program I need to download which is dead, stopping me..

At the moment I have come as far as changing the SIOC.ini, that's about it. :(

Any help here is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

/Johan 

6 hours ago, Capt. Windh said:

So I finally got the MCP from Opencockpits (v3, no box, Honeywell with backlight). I thought that this 'Plug and Play' product would be that, more or less.

3 hrs in, still scratching my head.

This is for use with PMDG NGX in FSX.

I understand that I need the connecting interface, SIOC, by the manufacturer, but there's another plugin required in order for it to communicate with PMDG.

And this far I've only found this thing called OC4BA. The software is roughly 50€!!! I'm not in the financial mood to spend that at the moment.. There's a freeware version, but it is said not to work with the latest version of NGX.

If anyone here use these products together, please let me know how to set it up in the easiest way.

I've found a few tutorials like this one: 
https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?259000-Opencockpits-and-PMDG

Which ALMOST takes me all the way, but there's always ONE link to a program I need to download which is dead, stopping me..

At the moment I have come as far as changing the SIOC.ini, that's about it. :(

Any help here is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

/Johan 

I know it's PMDG related, but I think you'd get much better help over in the simbuilders forum, or from opencockpits themselves.

5 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

I know it's PMDG related, but I think you'd get much better help over in the simbuilders forum, or from opencockpits themselves.

Good point. Thanks.

Hello Johan, Just a wee reminder that you need your full name when Posting. My reply has no bearing on your problem with the Opencockpits product as I have no knowledge of them, however, I am just putting together some info. in relation to you having bought the MCP.  I have the Goflight MCP and Efis which operates using the PMDG 747,777 and 737. and reduces the need to use the mouse for operational purposes i.e. turning buttons etc.  When I bought it the cost was about £400.  Then you need to go to the Pollypot.com website and purchase, at a nominal cost, the interfaces licence for each aircraft. All this might sound  like a hassle but I would be lost without these products and their usage.  I am not suggesting you go out and spend your hard earned cash but it is only a comparison read. All the best. Richard Welsh

29 minutes ago, richard welsh said:

Hello Johan, Just a wee reminder that you need your full name when Posting. 

Richard, if you look close enough, squint your eyes just right and it's that perfect time of day you'll see his full name in his signature banner :cool:

While you can make it work with just open cockpits software I had problems once I started adding multiple items.

http://flightsim4fun.com/index.html

This is what I use now and it streamlines the entire process. I have it running my MCP, both sides efis and radios. Costs more but works fantastically. Plus the Dev Roark answers direct emails and has been around for years.

Chris