Sign in to follow this  
xenonsk

UTLive. New version for P3Dv4.

Guest JustanotherPilot
1 hour ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

We have uploaded a new version. Before we replace the official pre-release version, we will offer it to folks directly here.

Will that be via a link in this Forum or through the Flight1 website?

Just now, JustanotherPilot said:

Will that be via a link in this Forum or through the Flight1 website?

I would say through the forum Steve.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I would assume, that they will continue to distribute it through their forum, until they release a final product. Which is understandable IMO...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

3 hours ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

Starting to get tired of beta testing apps that I have purchased. I know this is pre release, but how on earth did this latest version get out the door. Too many of us having the same error for it to be just a freak thing.

I agree with comments above about Flight 1.

This is the norm now because developers have seen it done before they just rebrand it from half baked to something else like prologue or initial backer.   Because CLS started this junk 10 years ago the likes of bbs, fsl, flight1 and chaseplane have now started doing it.  My guess is belynz will do it with his 380 with all his teenage fans and call it a jazzy name.   it just leaves a bad taste when the product is "finished" its still as buggy as when it was beta or " backer" Or "prologue"  its just marketing rubbish to get it on the market for us to buy it. 

As customers we've allowed this to happen by buying  and funding the developers so whose to blame them.

ultimate traffic has been a shambles from the start so long as they can get it in a box to sell on mass at Amazon to the masses they couldnt give a fig about the "hardcore or advanced simmer" like us in this forumn.  

Theres an 11 page topic of people that can't uninstall a client.exe and then install another one and that's after countless posts and pictures of how to do it, so imagine how many of this boxes they will sell on amazon if they make a fancy dancy Box cover on it to new 13 year old simmers.

All you guys all bought the beta product and "supported" flight1 and that's after they've been flamed constantly on here about desserting ut2 and then you complain about their lack of support.  I hate to say it, youve been done

But as sadiq khan says "part and parcel" 

• Upvote 2

14ppkc-6.png

17 minutes ago, tooting said:

Because CLS started this junk 10 years ago the likes of bbs, fsl, flight1 and chaseplane have now started doing it.  My guess is belynz will do it with his 380 with all his teenage fans and call it a jazzy name

100% agree Pete. I am guilty myself for buying into this crap. You also get pre release rubbish that takes so long for the developer to add/fix, there is another P3D version out, and you have to wait another 12 months for it to work.

And the worst are the magician developers, you know, the ones do a disappearing act for bloody years, and then re appear like magic, bring out a new version with the same bugs from 2002.

Makes me wonder if some of these addons are created on a laptop down at the pub, and they are on the Jack Daniels.

On the other side of the coin, you have developers like Flightbeam, FlyTampa FS Captain, SODE On Course (PF3),  to name a few, no BS, deliver what they say, and always support their product.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I looked at it and thought of buying it when it first came out and then saw it was a pay to buy beta and then changed my mind.  

It just gives a carte blanc for developers to make a buggy as hell product and then call it beta or experimental, prologue,  backer, patron or some other jazzy tag line.

Part and parcel.   You bought it, you live with the consequences 

I've said before if someone brought out a big flying steaming  💩 and branded it properly with a twitch streamer with yellow sunglasses and enough followers someone would buy it

14ppkc-6.png

In fairness, old prop/chaseplane  and Hifi/AS uses this model and its worked very well for one simple reason. Its constantly being updated, they listen to users feedback and fix relativley quickly. If your as transparent and honest as they are, its a fast track to development because of all beta testers helping you squash bugs on all kinds of various setups which could not be done by a handful of internal beta testers.   

Now the flip side of course is most of them use the former where they release a "paid beta" but take forever to fix things, and are slow to respond to user feedback not to mention development is slower than a sloth.  Its these ones that ruin it for the rest. The blackbox airbuses come to mind for my experience. 

Ultimate traffic has been hit and miss, but since the upgrade to V4 is free, we cant complain simply because you have a choice to participate or not. We either help with sorting out bugs or we choose to wait out until its officially out. This of course assuming they act on bugs and feedback they get while a beta is out to previous users of UTL. Lets hope for the best.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

The download in the F1 UTlive support forum has been pulled for now, due to missing datafiles.

It says to check back soon

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

14 minutes ago, Bunchy said:
14 minutes ago, Bunchy said:

The download in the F1 UTlive support forum has been pulled for now, due to missing datafiles.

How does that even happen.

Because their slapdash and desperate to get their product out as "v4 compatible" before traffic 365 or whatever its called markets themselves at v4 compatible 

14ppkc-6.png

5 hours ago, tooting said:

This is the norm now because developers have seen it done before they just rebrand it from half baked to something else like prologue or initial backer.   Because CLS started this junk 10 years ago the likes of bbs, fsl, flight1 and chaseplane have now started doing it.  My guess is belynz will do it with his 380 with all his teenage fans and call it a jazzy name.   it just leaves a bad taste when the product is "finished" its still as buggy as when it was beta or " backer" Or "prologue"  its just marketing rubbish to get it on the market for us to buy it. 

As customers we've allowed this to happen by buying  and funding the developers so whose to blame them.

ultimate traffic has been a shambles from the start so long as they can get it in a box to sell on mass at Amazon to the masses they couldnt give a fig about the "hardcore or advanced simmer" like us in this forumn.  

Theres an 11 page topic of people that can't uninstall a client.exe and then install another one and that's after countless posts and pictures of how to do it, so imagine how many of this boxes they will sell on amazon if they make a fancy dancy Box cover on it to new 13 year old simmers.

All you guys all bought the beta product and "supported" flight1 and that's after they've been flamed constantly on here about desserting ut2 and then you complain about their lack of support.  I hate to say it, youve been done

But as sadiq khan says "part and parcel" 

Flight 1 support has been excellent over the years without even considering the no questions asked 30 day refund policy. Not many offer that. 

Flight 1 certainly have not been catering to casual simmers over the years so I have no idea where you got that idea from. In fact, the biggest chunk of their business is flight1 tech which caters to the commercial / pro market. 

As for ultimate traffic 2 and live, we all know that it was the developer "flag mountain software" which deserted the product, not F1. F1 were left holding the bag and offering the support. 

Ut live is an early access revamped version of the same product but with some new features and finally, P3D compatibility. It's been provided only for forum registered users to get in early at a discount and provide feedback before general use. To be quite honest, I don't think F1 care if it is out before any other traffic addon and seeing as its early access, they certainly aren't looking to shift boxes with "pretty pictures" on it. 

Seriously, if you think f1 is a poor developer or distributor then the world of flight simming really is going down the pan. 

In fact, your post resembles the attitude I would expect from the "teenage fans" you were quick to criticize.

• Upvote 2

The answer really is quite simple. Don't buy pre-release products if you don't want to pay to be a tester. Don't complain if you do. 

45 minutes ago, jjf said:

The answer really is quite simple. Don't buy pre-release products if you don't want to pay to be a tester. Don't complain if you do. 

So true !

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

11 hours ago, rickjake said:

Downloaded and installed just fine for me. All appears to be working fine on my initial first start up of the sim. Lots of traffic. 

Are there any improvements in terms of CPU load/ CPU hit by the traffic?

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

1 hour ago, jjf said:

It is a reasonable expectation for any file, whether being tested or not, to at least have the required data files incorporated before taking a major step like releasing it to a paying public.  Basic quality control 101.  

I haven't bought it, but if that doesn't at least raise your eyebrow....