Sign in to follow this  
jasonboche

TAXI2GATE KSEA and P3D v4

In this forum post below it is listed as unreleased for P3D v4. However, I have seen other sources saying that it's released, it works, and I've seen a youtube video showing this. I'm proceeding cautiously only installing known good/certified/tested add-ons for P3D v4. I'm curious if maybe the thread below hasn't been updated for TAXI2GATE KSEA. Thank you in advance.

I think it works if you "port it over" from fsx you just have to make sure you have the orbx updates for PNW and make sure you have the flatten files 

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

Out of all the software developers I think Taxi To Gate have been pretty poor with their updates for P3D V4, considering how quickly all the other companies have released updates . I only have the KMCO scenery so not a big deal, but I would certainly reconsider purchasing anything from them again.

Did you guys get access to their website, it seems to me like the bandwith they have is very limited.

It is " official " that they simply say to point the installer to P3DV4 ?

Does anyone know if they will really port their products with the P3DV4 SDK and recompile at all ?

Thx

Hopefully it is truely compatible one day because KSEA is one fantastic scenery.

33 minutes ago, tooting said:

Kmco  ksea eddf all work 

How did you install it?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I have KSEA, KMCO and LFPG installed in V4 and they all work fine.  You install them outside of P3D and use the addon.xml method of adding them into the sim.  There may be a few threads on how to do this.  This is how all sceneries should technically be added now keeping them outside the main P3D folder.  That said, T2G does not have updated installers for V4  and I have no idea if they will or not.  If I recall, the KMCO installer was never even updated for P3D at all.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I "installed" by just adding it to the scenery library and pointing to my P3D v2 existing install.  Seems to work just fine and looks great.

5 minutes ago, kpan said:

I "installed" by just adding it to the scenery library and pointing to my P3D v2 existing install.  Seems to work just fine and looks great.

That's definitely a good way to do it but I'm getting rid of v3 as soon as the NGX for v4 is out.

31 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

I have KSEA, KMCO and LFPG installed in V4 and they all work fine.  You install them outside of P3D and use the addon.xml method of adding them into the sim.  There may be a few threads on how to do this.  This is how all sceneries should technically be added now keeping them outside the main P3D folder.  That said, T2G does not have updated installers for V4  and I have no idea if they will or not.  If I recall, the KMCO installer was never even updated for P3D at all.

Is the addon.xml method the same that the addon organizer uses?

I was a bit surprised that FB KMSP installs into the main v4 directory.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I can not even run the installer.  It keeps giving me an error that "You must enter a name"  then "Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window"   I re downloaded it.   Without Virus protection..

Has anyone seen this and have a workaround.  I posted on the Taxi2gate Support 3 days a go and don't get  a response

3 hours ago, Canuck said:

How did you install it?

Like all my scenery.  

1. I made a system image backup of my old p3d v3 system onto a usb hdd (the usb hdd was £50 at amazon for a 1gb one)  Cheaper than a pair of yellow sunglasses

2.make a complete reinstall of windows 10.  Ie dropped the partition and reformatted

3.made a clean installation of p3d v4   

4.made a separate folder for my addons cunnilly called "C:\p3dv4 addon scenery"

5. Plugged in my usb HDD  and then Opened disk management and copied the folders I needed from my old p3d v3 folder to the   C:\p3dv4 addon scenery folder as below

https://www.howtogeek.com/125704/how-to-extract-individual-files-from-a-windows-7-system-image-backup/

6. Go grab a beer and wait while it copies scenery over, watch a bit of twitch of simmers with yellow sunglasses on or anyone asking you to donate to him   

7. Use the XML or scenery manager to add the scenery

Simple. 

The key here is steps 2 and 3. only copy over the files you need , and not having a million different copies of p3d , candy crush and a load of junk your 9 year sister has downloaded onto your system.

Ps.. Dont forget the yellow sunglasses, its helps your landing rate

14ppkc-6.png

I installed all T2G (that I have) using same method and using the add-on.xml approach.  I have moved most of my scenery to a separate data SSD, and install all different brands under the root "Addon" although it may have better to use what a friend does "P3D World".  Regardless, my root scenery folder contains a zero length Prepar3D.exe file to make some installers happy. So far that has worked.  So for example, my KSEA is installed by the installer to D:\Addon\T2G\KSEA-T2G P3Dv3 (the folder name selected by T2G installer).  Then I create a T2G folder under Documents\Prepar3D v4 Addons and put my add-on.xml in that folder for all the T2G locations.  Then one needs to do a few things for compatibility with Orbx FTX PNW region but that is the same for V3 and V4.  My add-on.xml looks like this:

<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
	<AddOn.Name>T2G</AddOn.Name>
	<AddOn.Description>Taxi2Gate AddOn Sceneries</AddOn.Description>

<AddOn.Component>
		<Name>LTBA Ataturk Istanbul - Terrain</Name>	
		<Category>Scenery</Category>
		<Path>D:\Addon\T2G\T2G Ataturk Intl Airport\LTBA-TERRAIN</Path>
	</AddOn.Component>
	<AddOn.Component>
		<Name>LTBA Ataturk Istanbul - Airport</Name>
		<Path>D:\Addon\T2G\T2G Ataturk Intl Airport\LTBA</Path>
	</AddOn.Component>	

<AddOn.Component>
		<Name>KMCO Orlando - Terrain</Name>	
		<Path>D:\Addon\T2G\KMCO\KMCO-TERRAIN</Path>
	</AddOn.Component>
	<AddOn.Component>
		<Name>KMCO Orlando - Airport</Name>
		<Path>D:\Addon\T2G\KMCO\KMCO</Path>
	</AddOn.Component>	

<AddOn.Component>
		<Name>KSEA Seattle Tacoma - Terrain</Name>	
		<Path>D:\Addon\T2G\KSEA-T2G P3Dv3\data\KSEA-TERRAIN</Path>
	</AddOn.Component>
	<AddOn.Component>
		<Name>KSEA Seattle Tacoma - Airport</Name>
		<Path>D:\Addon\T2G\KSEA-T2G P3Dv3\data\KSEA</Path>
	</AddOn.Component>			

<AddOn.Component>
		<Name>VHHH Hong Kong - Terrain</Name>	
		<Path>D:\Addon\T2G\VHHH\VHHH-TERRAIN</Path>
	</AddOn.Component>
	<AddOn.Component>
		<Name>VHHH Hong Kong - Airport</Name>
		<Path>D:\Addon\T2G\VHHH\VHHH</Path>
	</AddOn.Component>

<AddOn.Component>
		<Category>Effects</Category>
		<Path>D:\Addon\T2G\T2G - EDDM P3Dv3\Effects</Path>
	</AddOn.Component>
	<AddOn.Component>
		<Name>EDDM Munich - Terrain </Name>	
		<Path>D:\Addon\T2G\T2G - EDDM P3Dv3\data\EDDM-TERRAIN</Path>
	</AddOn.Component>
	<AddOn.Component>
		<Name>EDDM Munich - Airport</Name>
		<Path>D:\Addon\T2G\T2G - EDDM P3Dv3\data\EDDM</Path>
	</AddOn.Component>
	<AddOn.Component>
		<Name>EDDM Munich - LC-ELV </Name>	
		<Path>D:\Addon\T2G\T2G - EDDM P3Dv3\data\EDDM-LC-ELV</Path>
	</AddOn.Component>	

<AddOn.Component>
		<Name>LFPG Paris Charles de Gaulle - Terrain </Name>	
		<Path>D:\Addon\T2G\T2G - LFPG P3Dv3\data\LFPG-TERRAIN</Path>
	</AddOn.Component>
	<AddOn.Component>
		<Name>LFPG Paris Charles de Gaulle - Airport </Name>	
		<Path>D:\Addon\T2G\T2G - LFPG P3Dv3\data\LFPG</Path>
	</AddOn.Component>	
	<AddOn.Component>
		<Name>LFPG Paris Charles de Gaulle - Layerup</Name>
		<Path>D:\Addon\T2G\T2G - LFPG P3Dv3\data\LFPG-LAYERUP</Path>
	</AddOn.Component>	

<AddOn.Component>
		<Name>MMMX Mexico City Juarez - Terrain </Name>	
		<Path>D:\Addon\T2G\MMMX-T2G\MMMX-terrain</Path>
	</AddOn.Component>
	<AddOn.Component>
		<Name>MMMX Mexico City Juarez - City </Name>	
		<Path>D:\Addon\T2G\MMMX-T2G\MMMX-city</Path>
	</AddOn.Component>	
	<AddOn.Component>
		<Name>MMMX Mexico City Juarez - Airport</Name>
		<Path>D:\Addon\T2G\MMMX-T2G\MMMX</Path>
	</AddOn.Component>	

<AddOn.Component>
		<Name>MMPR Puerto Vallarta Lic. Gustavo Dias Ordaz</Name>
		<Path>D:\Addon\T2G\MMPR</Path>
	</AddOn.Component>	

<AddOn.Component>
		<Name>MHTG Toncontin - Terrain </Name>	
		<Path>D:\Addon\T2G\MHTG FSX\MHTG_FSX_TERRAIN</Path>
	</AddOn.Component>
	<AddOn.Component>
		<Name>MHTG Toncontin - Terrain - Airport </Name>	
		<Path>D:\Addon\T2G\MHTG FSX\MHTG_FSX</Path>
	</AddOn.Component>

</SimBase.Document>

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, tooting said:

Like all my scenery.  

1. I made a system image backup of my old p3d v3 system onto a usb hdd (the usb hdd was £50 at amazon for a 1gb one)  Cheaper than a pair of yellow sunglasses

2.make a complete reinstall of windows 10.  Ie dropped the partition and reformatted

3.made a clean installation of p3d v4   

4.made a separate folder for my addons cunnilly called "C:\p3dv4 addon scenery"

5. Plugged in my usb HDD  and then Opened disk management and copied the folders I needed from my old p3d v3 folder to the   C:\p3dv4 addon scenery folder as below

https://www.howtogeek.com/125704/how-to-extract-individual-files-from-a-windows-7-system-image-backup/

6. Go grab a beer and wait while it copies scenery over, watch a bit of twitch of simmers with yellow sunglasses on or anyone asking you to donate to him   

7. Use the XML or scenery manager to add the scenery

Simple. 

The key here is steps 2 and 3. only copy over the files you need , and not having a million different copies of p3d , candy crush and a load of junk your 9 year sister has downloaded onto your system.

Ps.. Dont forget the yellow sunglasses, its helps your landing rate

Seems like a good way to go. Thanks.

52 minutes ago, downscc said:

I installed all T2G (that I have) using same method and using the add-on.xml approach.  I have moved most of my scenery to a separate data SSD, and install all different brands under the root "Addon" although it may have better to use what a friend does "P3D World".  Regardless, my root scenery folder contains a zero length Prepar3D.exe file to make some installers happy. So far that has worked.  So for example, my KSEA is installed by the installer to D:\Addon\T2G\KSEA-T2G P3Dv3 (the folder name selected by T2G installer).  Then I create a T2G folder under Documents\Prepar3D v4 Addons and put my add-on.xml in that folder for all the T2G locations.  Then one needs to do a few things for compatibility with Orbx FTX PNW region but that is the same for V3 and V4.  My add-on.xml looks like this:

Thank you. Is the addon.xml thing the same that the Addon Organizer does?