16 hours ago, maxbarjr said:

ham radio.

Nice!!!

My grandfather used to do that a lot. 

Kyle Rodgers

12 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Nice!!!

My grandfather used to do that a lot. 

Really?  I enjoy it a lot.  If propagation is really bad, I just fly PMDG.

I have exactly the same problem as described by the OP.

Have tried everything including uninstalling and removing every trace of PMDG a number of times and reinstalling. Have it only installed for P3D v4.

Have done all the various fixes suggested in the "sticky" thread plus as per the initial responses to my support ticket.

The operations centre updater works fine and can also download liveries but cannot update to the newer versions of the 747 or 777.

Running Windows 10 64 bit with defender only (and have this disabled when doing anything to do with PMDG)

Everything else runs fine on my systems including the planes themselves but frustrating that I can't update. My PC is dedicated to P3D and there is nothing unusual about it. P3D v4 itself is running perfectly.

I've been using flight sim since the very first version and an IT Professional for 40+ years so know what I am doing :-)

I lodged a support ticket a couple of weeks back and there was some initial responses but has dried up in the last few days despite posting more information.

Hope someone can resolve this.

Thanks.

Paul Watts

Gold Coast, Australia

The latest 747 and 777 I downloaded is dated 17/06/17

Do you know if there has been a release since then ?

Unfortunately the downloads page doesn't show what release or date it is and it's a big download to do on the chance it has been updated, unless I'm missing something.

Thanks

55 minutes ago, PaulFWatts said:

The latest 747 and 777 I downloaded is dated 17/06/17

Do you know if there has been a release since then ?

Unfortunately the downloads page doesn't show what release or date it is and it's a big download to do on the chance it has been updated, unless I'm missing something.

Thanks

Yes, you are. An update was posted 10 hours ago, which stipulates that a full re-install is necessary with the new installer, so you'll have to download the new installer.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

On 7/2/2017 at 0:19 AM, PaulFWatts said:

The operations centre updater works fine and can also download liveries but cannot update to the newer versions of the 747 or 777.

Did you fully read the latest update where we specify that you need to go to your account and download the full installer?

The updater logs would also point you to that location.

Kyle Rodgers

At the time I first posted this I did not see that new installers had been released.

As soon as I read that post I did go to my account and download the full installers.

As per my posts on another thread I now cannot download liveries so still an ongoing problem even with the new installers.

I have done the un-installing the previous installation and re-installing the new updated installer, I still have the same problem of not able to download liveries.

I have other problems now.  Since this problem came up, I un-installed some applications that I have that are not related to the OS and flight sim and ham radio applications.  Now I have issues of launching FSX:SE taking so much time to appear.  And loading a previously saved PMDG flights, 737 or 747, I have a cold and dark cockpit even though I am on cruise flight ( saved game while on FL320).  Oh I forgot to mention, I also don't see the initialization count down which is really strange.

No problem when selecting normal FSX flights, no PMDG.

Max Barawid Jr. 

I, too, am having a similar problem.  When the new installers were mentioned in a recent post from RSR I did the following;

1) I opened my Operations center and was advised that I had two messages waiting.

2) Upon opening the message center the FIRST message said that here was an update for the Operations Center awaiting.  So I, logically, downloaded and installed that one first. It installed and so advised me that the installation was successful.

3) Then, according to the instructions in RSR's post I, first, uninstalled my then current installation of the 747-400 and then, after verifying that it was, indeed, uninstalled I returned to the Operations Center to download and use the new 747-400 installer but upon arriving at the message center it said I had no messages.  The link to the new installer was no longer there.  It said something like, "you have no active messages".

Without that link how do I re-install my SuperQueen?  As of now, I have no 747-400 to fly!

Thanks in advance,

Quink 

2 minutes ago, Quink said:

I, too, am having a similar problem.  When the new installers were mentioned in a recent post from RSR I did the following;

1) I opened my Operations center and was advised that I had two messages waiting.

2) Upon opening the message center the FIRST message said that here was an update for the Operations Center awaiting.  So I, logically, downloaded and installed that one first. It installed and so advised me that the installation was successful.

3) Then, according to the instructions in RSR's post I, first, uninstalled my then current installation of the 747-400 and then, after verifying that it was, indeed, uninstalled I returned to the Operations Center to download and use the new 747-400 installer but upon arriving at the message center it said I had no messages.  The link to the new installer was no longer there.  It said something like, "you have no active messages".

Without that link how do I re-install my SuperQueen?  As of now, I have no 747-400 to fly!

Thanks in advance,

Quink 

Did  you  actually  read  rsr  post,  and  to  previous  posters  in this  thread   go  to your  account  or  wherever  you have  purchased  it  if  its  aerosoft  you need  to wait   till they get  the  new  installers,  if  you bought  it  from pmdg  than  go to your  account  download  again  and  install

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

12 hours ago, pete_auau said:

Did  you  actually  read  rsr  post,  and  to  previous  posters  in this  thread   go  to your  account  or  wherever  you have  purchased  it  if  its  aerosoft  you need  to wait   till they get  the  new  installers,  if  you bought  it  from pmdg  than  go to your  account  download  again  and  install

Yes, Pete, I actually did read RSR's post several times but I guess that I didn't understand it correctly. I'm almost certain that I understood it to say that we should download the installer from the Operations Center.  Thanks any way for the helping hand. I'll go to my account and try and download it that way.

Quink

Hi Kyle,

I have to reformat my PC because I am experiencing a lot of errors after uninstalling some applications that I thought might have cause my PMDG to not update or download.  So far everything works ok, I can download liveries now, and update.  Except for few issues.  I made a flight plan from KMIA to KLAX on 747-400.  First I selected Cathay Pacific livery that I downloaded.  Took off at runway 27, engage AP at 500ft, after few seconds, I got an alarm with red "WARNING" on the MCP and a red message on the Engine display >AUTOPILOT DISC.  I tried to reset alarm but it doesn't like to reset and everytime I enable AP it goes disconnect again after a second or two.  But if I use a stock PMDG 747-400, this does not happen.  I also tried KLM, QANTAS with the same issue.  Have I don anything wrong?

BTW, after installing windows 10 and updating it to the latest updates (except for the creator 10 or whatsoever), and installing all drivers, I installed Steam first then FSX:SE then PMDG 747.  While installing the PMDG, there was a message that says;

An exception has occured!

Please contact PMDG support by submitting a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com for help with resolving this issue.
Press "Copy to clipboard" below and then paste the information into your support ticket.
Additionally, a log file has been created at:
c:\users\katan\appdata\roaming\pmdg\pmdg operations center\PMDG Operations Center.log
Please attach this file to better help us fix this issue.

The application will now exit.

07/09/17 16:04:07     Exception:  Access Violation at 0x6871FAB7
686A0000  C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\WININET.dll  +0007FAB7  (10401D0, 1046238, C5C3B70)
686A0000  C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\WININET.dll  +00081077  (10401D0, 1046238, C5C3B70)
686A0000  C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\WININET.dll  +00081FDB  (1046238, F7DF630, F7DF698)
686A0000  C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\WININET.dll  +00055054  (10215E8, 0, 244)
686A0000  C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\WININET.dll  +00054E8F  (10DA4EF8, 0, 244)
754D0000  C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll  +000B58CA  (F7DF8F0, 10273D8, 10215EC)
77C80000  C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll  +0002C483  (F7DF8F0, C527788, 10215EC)
77C80000  C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll  +00034B44  (F7DF8F0, C62E800, 10215EC)

Cheers,

Max Barawid Jr.