Sign in to follow this  
DTG_Cryss

Community Update 4 (1.0.17761.0) Now Live!

The flood gates are open and you can get your hands on our 4th Flight Sim World Community Update. We've focused on the aircraft, fixing some significant bugs (including instant mission failures) and upgrading the Workshop by allowing you to share flight plans with other simmers.

Added to Community Update 4

• Improved performance in full screen mode for those of you running multiple monitor setups.

There's also one change that went into update 3 that we forgot to mention, which is the ability to change aircraft mid flight. So if you press escape, then head to the flight planner you should be able to switch aircraft and pick up where you left off. 

Read on for the full change log: 

Steam Workshop

• You can now publish your flight plans to Steam Workshop for others to use.
  • You can also browse for, subscribe to, and use Steam Workshop flight plans created by others.

RV-7

• Tuned audio to make the engine sound more powerful at high throttle and more fluid when changing engine speed.
  • Interior visually enhanced
  • The panel light switch functionality improved
  • "TERR" GPS button is now labelled correctly
  • Exterior lights are now toggleable with CTRL+L

PA-34 Seneca

• LOD improvements
  • Target altitude is now able to be set on the Primary Flight Display and autopilot.
  • Brake functionality improved
  • Altimeter hold and altitude can now be set
  • UI – ALT now works as well as the dial +- and scroll mouse
  • Yaw switch functionality improved

PA-28 Cherokee

• Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) gauge functionality improved
  • Landing light can now function independently
  • COMM NAV knob selectibility improved

PA-18 Super Cub

• Fuel tank selector now defaults to “on”
  • Added light to Transponder

PA-46 Malibu Mirage

• Mag and Battery switches now enabled
  • Overhead panel switches are now selectable
  • GSI added to Horizontal Situation Indicator (HSI)
  • GNS530 range button functionality improved - Buttons can be left clicked for function or mouse wheel can be used on the centre part of the button.

DA40

• Ambient cockpit animations added
  • G1000 RPM reading functionality improved
  • Ground contact points improved
  • NAV2 standby functionality improved
  • Flood light knob functionality improved
  • G1000 speed references now mirror the backup ASI

DA42 Twin Star

• Ambient cockpit animations added
  • Flood light knob functionality improved

Additional improvements

• AI PA-18 no longer bounces
  • Ice effects added to PA-18 for “Icing Condition” mission
  • Fixed a bug which caused instant failure on lessons LAPL 2, 3 & 5 and PPL 1
  • Background engine sound now stops after you crash

We'd like to thank everyone for their contributions throughout Early Access in shaping the future of Flight Sim World. If you've come across any bugs then please submit a bug reporting form or for any other issues contact us through Kayako.

• Upvote 1

Dovetail Flight Community Manager: Catch me on Twitch

Nice one. :cool:

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

LAPL mission is now fixed at last in this update, with it properly detecting what you are doing, the PPL one is still glitchy though with errors in the audio and detection, which make it annoying, occasionally the mixture lever won't move in the Cherokee too, which totally buggers up any chance of doing it since you are at 6,500 feet over the desert with the engine mixture stuck on full rich.

Alan Bradbury

Glad to see that the RV-7 interior was visually enhanced!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

do i have to do anything to get the update?

No Im not lucky ....i am  blessed

:rolleyes: Giogio  A. 

i7-4790K@4.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM @ 2400, GEFORCE GTX 980,  2x 500GB Samsung 840 Evo Pro, 2 TB   SAMSUNG , CORSAIR  CX750M ,PHILIP  ULTRA HD 4 K MONITOR 

No, you should get it automatically unless you've disabled the updates in Steam.  See this thread for more info:

ok thanks...

No Im not lucky ....i am  blessed

:rolleyes: Giogio  A. 

i7-4790K@4.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM @ 2400, GEFORCE GTX 980,  2x 500GB Samsung 840 Evo Pro, 2 TB   SAMSUNG , CORSAIR  CX750M ,PHILIP  ULTRA HD 4 K MONITOR 

I have to say that the slow approach that DTG is taking, fixing the aircrafts, making sure that the "base" is solid, is reassuring. While in this "must have it right away with everything on it" attitude presents real risks in addition to the sudden competition( who would have thought that so many new sims be out all at once), I am beginning to see their logic:

Build a solid, crash free foundation

Introduce new technologies, like true weather

provide an SDK and allow third parties to develop

If DTG gets three things right, airplanes, weather, and terrain, they'll attract many new first timers, who don't have the money to spend on add ons.

Their mission builder appears to be attracting many new gamers who want something more than just fly from point A to point B.

I am surely enjoying the new environment, especially because it's forcing me to just fly with what it has and not worry about all the updated addons.

I still my others sims, so I am necessarily choosing between one or the other. I am going forward and letting things fall where they may as time passes.

tony

• Upvote 2

Just in case anyone who didn't get it as a freebie for having bought Flight School is interested in getting hold of it, there's a couple of quid knocked off the price of it in Steam's Summer Sale, not a huge discount, but a discount nonetheless. (was £19.99, currently £17.99)

Alan Bradbury

Anybody else find their Pro Mission Editor executable is missing?

Give people power to really test their personality.

Yes.  I tried uninstalling the editor via the Steam client and then re-installing it.  I get a download but the .exe is still missing.

I've just started Steam and received an update that's fixed the Mission Editor.

37 minutes ago, AndyUK said:

I've just started Steam and received an update that's fixed the Mission Editor.

Great, hopefully it'll work for me as well.

EDIT: The update worked for me as well. DTG really do need to get a grip of their QA though. Checking that a product starts after being upgraded is pretty basic. I know it's early access but DTG need to lay the foundations for decent QA at this stage rather than letting people get used to sloppiness.

Edited by SamYeager
Additional info and comment

Give people power to really test their personality.

19 hours ago, SamYeager said:

Anybody else find their Pro Mission Editor executable is missing?

Sorry, about the Pro Mission Editor going missing. This should be fixed now! 

• Upvote 1

Dovetail Flight Community Manager: Catch me on Twitch