Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

SPAD for P3Dv4

Anyone had the free version of SPAD working in P3Dv4, or know if it's going to be possible?

SPAD does not work with P3Dv4.  It has not been development for quite some time and I have not heard or read of any updates planned and from personal experience.  I see your options are using drivers that come with your equipment (if the manufacture has them), use FSUIPC or SPADnext.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

There is a new version SPAD.neXt 0.9.6  for P3D v4 available which I am using and works well, there are some minor issues outstanding. Visit https://www.spadnext.com/forum/ - I am using the Home use version which requires a paid licence.

Regards

I tried spad next and to be frank, the U.I and how it works with multiple bridges and extras and profiles and god knows what else is utterly confusing. 

Too bad the the old spad doesn't work as it's painless and simple,

fsuipc won't drive the saitek panels on its own unfortunately. That would have been ideal from the start. 

• Upvote 1

I've tried SPAD.next and I also found it to be extremely difficult to use.

• Upvote 1

I find SPAD.next to be invaluable and use it across P3Dv3, P3Dv4, and X Plane 11 with no issues except waiting on a Lvar fix for v4 that the developer is actually waiting on P3D for. The auto profile switching, access to all Lvars, text to speech built in for controller commands and plugin links to Voice Attack are tremendous.

Justmy opinion...

Joe

• Upvote 2

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Probably the most unintuitive piece of software in flight simming I have ever had the misfortune of using! 

• Upvote 2

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I use it on every flight. It's a must for me.

- Aaron