Sign in to follow this  
jt8d9a

VSKYLABS Douglas DC-3/C-47

My first add-on for X-Plane 10 was X-Aviation's DC-3, by Goran - a great DC-3 that provided me many hours of joy...

But I am surely going to give this a good try one of these days.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I like the plane, nevertheless spoken as a painter I am deeply disappointed.
As the textures for the exterior of the plane are concentrated on just ONE 4K sheet , its impossible to make detailed livery-textures.
The model has quiet a a low texture definition  .
The LES DC3 has the same definition , this definition can be doubled.
The definition for this model is at its max already.

Several painters make nice textures for the model and they really did their utmost , nevertheless its a missed chance.

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

On 10/24/2017 at 2:28 PM, jt8d9a said:

Am getting interested in this...I need a DC3 for XP11...can you pls tell me about engine management?  does it have any simulation of overheating, etc?  

21 minutes ago, WR269 said:

Am getting interested in this...I need a DC3 for XP11...can you pls tell me about engine management?  does it have any simulation of overheating, etc?  

Its a work in progress, gets better each update

DC3

22 minutes ago, WR269 said:

It´s possible to operate the plane by the numbers and the cockpit is fully clickable. But there is no engine damage. The VSKYLABS DC3 is fantastic and the dev is constantly upgrading the plane for free. In my opinion, it´s important to support devs like him.

There is also a fantastic DC3 for free: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/40334-awxdc3beta2_2xp11zip/ ..which you can try first.

• Like 1

The free version is an approved adaptation of the excellent C-47 from Jan and friends. It doesn’t have all of the same features, but it is good. 

But I’ll join in on the suggestion to buy the VSL version. jetMan is one of the very best developers for XP at the moment. His aircraft are reasonably priced, the recent releases are as top quality as any on offer, and he is the most involved and responsive of them all.  In addition, he models less common but interesting aircraft like the LongEZ, motorsailplanes, and even a fantastic autogyro. He is constantly updating older models, for free.  Support this guy. We want to keep him developing. 

Edited by Griphos
  • Upvote 1

If you want realistic engine management, the VSKYLABS DC-3 doesn't include it, because the developer wanted to avoid plugins. Still a very nice model if you don't need full engine modeling.

The LES DC-3 from X-Aviation does have a plugin that requires careful monitoring of manifold pressure and RPM or you'll blow the engines. It's another very good model, although I'm not sure if the current version is completely up-to-date for XP11. I know an update was pending but I haven't heard anything about it being released yet.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I second "Griphos" remarks about the Aworx port of Manfred's.  If nothing else, it has the most realistic cockpit environment.

Thanks for the information everyone....I bought it...need a DC3 in XP11...now off to fly it.

Cheers

Now please port it to IL2-Battle of Stalingrad, or DCS World 🙂

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

You're tempting me guys!

I just hope it doesn't come with that feel of RoGs / MoIs that are set for an aircraft twice it's size... feeling implausibly sluggish...

Main Simulation Rig: