Sign in to follow this  
dafyddp3d

Cannot change position of left CDU via panel config file

Not a showstopper, but since I found this I thought I'd post a comment on it to see if anyone else can confirm, out of curiosity.

While setting up the T7 (version 1.10.8363) in P3Dv4, I altered the position entries for CDU left and right in the panel.cfg file.

However it seems (on my system at least!) that whatever value position entry I insert for the left CDU (SHIFT+2), the panel refuses to move from the bottom right of the screen.

The right CDU (SHIFT+3) responds to different position entries as expected.

This happens ONLY on the 200LR. The 777F and the 747 are perfectly OK.

Is it a bug? Can anyone else confirm?

(I can shift it with the mouse as normal)

31 minutes ago, dafyddp3d said:

While setting up the T7 (version 1.10.8363) in P3Dv4, I altered the position entries for CDU left and right in the panel.cfg file.

However it seems (on my system at least!) that whatever value position entry I insert for the left CDU (SHIFT+2), the panel refuses to move from the bottom right of the screen.

The right CDU (SHIFT+3) responds to different position entries as expected.

This happens ONLY on the 200LR. The 777F and the 747 are perfectly OK.

Is it a bug? Can anyone else confirm?

(I can shift it with the mouse as normal)

Hi Dave,

I have FSX Steam but it is very likely that the panel setup is the same in P3DV4.  The panels for the 777F and for the 777-300 (if you have it) are aliased to the 777-200LR panel.  This means that the -200LR panel.cfg file controls all three aircraft panels.  So it would be surprising if the relocating works in the 777F but not the -200LR.

Did you edit it by changing the number in the "position=" parameter of Window1, Left CDU in the -200LR panel.cfg file?  Changing it changes the position of the Left CDU for me -- the change appears after I save the panel.cfg file and hit "Reset" to reload the aircraft.

Mike

PS: Remember that the panel.cfg may be overwritten by any update so you may have to re-enter the changes after an update.

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi Mike

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I did edit the panel.cfg file as you describe. I've just loaded up the 777 to do the tutorial flight, and the panel is now responding correctly!

Not sure what was going on previously, as I also did a reload, as well as restarting the sim. Guess I'll have to put it down to finger trouble, I obviously didn't do something right!

Thanks again for responding.

2 minutes ago, dafyddp3d said:

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I did edit the panel.cfg file as you describe. I've just loaded up the 777 to do the tutorial flight, and the panel is now responding correctly!

Not sure what was going on previously, as I also did a reload, as well as restarting the sim. Guess I'll have to put it down to finger trouble, I obviously didn't do something right!

Thanks again for responding.

Often something doesn't work as expected, and I realize I've edited a file but not saved it, or forgot to reload the aircraft, or the reload did not include a reload of the file in question.  Best to close the modified file and restart the sim if something doesn't respond as it should.  Maybe when you switched to the 777F it did reload the panel.cfg along with everything else.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2