Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

Bug v4: F6 and Top Down View

Hi folks,

I generally assign a joystick button to Top Down View.
With P3D v4, it is just impossible.

Apart from choosing from the Views menu in the toolbar, there is no way to assign a key for this external view.
F6 doesn't work and changing it in the control settings doesn't help.

Any bypass?
Thanks!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

F12 is the default Top-Down view. You can delete F6 from flaps assignment.

Well, on my fresh install it was F6.
No matter what key/button I affect, it doesn't work.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

12 minutes ago, David Roch said:

Well, on my fresh install it was F6.
No matter what key/button I affect, it doesn't work.

Odd. For as long as I can remember every MS sim F5 F6 F7 F8 were always flap keys. And still on my P3Dv4.

You wouldn't happen to have been doing anything with FSUIPC, right?

I know it's not terribly helpful, but I agree with Bill S. - F5-F8 have always been the default flap keys in the MSFS family, Prepar3D included.

Agree, that's why I am so surprised!

So you say guys that you can assign any key to TD View and it will work?

(no specific modification via FSUIPC but what I did was to import controllers settings from P3D V3 and maybe it did mess up something)

Best regards,
David Roch

17 minutes ago, David Roch said:

So you say guys that you can assign any key to TD View and it will work?

Yeah, I just tried it. F6 Top-Down. Then assigned the Cessna yoke button 1 top-down.

Ok thanks Bill, so something is wrong in my files.
Will find the culprid!

Best regards,
David Roch