Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

v3 & v4 tags for P3D Forum would help

Any chance you could introduce v3 and v4 tags in the P3D forum as you did for FSX to separate Steam and non-Steam topics?

Some discussion is only relevant to 64-bit so it would be helpful to filter out the ones I'm not interested in.

Or perhaps 32-bit and 64-bit tags.

• Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray.  It is already a major hassle trying to get everyone to prefix a FSX or FSX-SE topic.  We use to have the ability but no longer have the ability to make it mandatory for the OP to indicate a prefix for their topic (either FSX or FSX-SE and, in this situation, V3 or 32-bit and V4 or 64-bit.  This means one of our moderators is going to have to go through the OP and see whether the OP is talking about V3 or V4 and make the appropriate tag.  So far, those who do make tags are a bit confused as to how they are done with the new setup even though I have pinned atopic on how to do it.  Historically, when a new version is released, most of the discussions are about the new version and then we'll see V5 and then V6, and so on.  In addition, Lockheed Martin has one forum for V1 through V4 too and I know of no other website that breaks their file management down to the exact version or the exact sim to post a topic.  It seems to work well for everyone.  It would be nice if everyone tagged (not prefixed) their topic with V3 or V4 but most of the topics I have seen already have P3DV4 in the subject.  Not to say it won't be revisited someday if the technology changes but right now it's too much work and micro-managing is not my forte'.  I hope you understand.

If you are not aware, our forum update now allows you to place your cursor over the topic subject and the topic will be displayed without you having to open up the topic and you can scroll up and down inside the topic while it is displayed.  Saves you time from opening topics to see what the OP is writing about.

Thanks for your suggestion!

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply and the explanation as to why it's not easy to do. Just shows how much we users know! :wink:

That tip is useful for reading a topic without having to click on it. But hopefully the poster will also create a meaningful title so it's obvious. Topics entitled 'help' are next to useless!

I suppose an alternative could be different folders - one for v3.x and one for v4 and beyond. But you guys have probably thought about this already and anything over an above what you already have will be a lot of work. I can live with what we have.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I think a folder for P3Dv4 would be a good idea this will separate the 32bit sim from the 64bit much like FSX 32bit FSW 64bit.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

11 hours ago, rjfry said:

I think a folder for P3Dv4 would be a good idea this will separate the 32bit sim from the 64bit much like FSX 32bit FSW 64bit.

It would be best you use tags.  Then, if you want to see only v4 stuff, you click on the P3Dv4 tag and you will see only V4.  If I find some time, I can start tagging some of the old stuff, maybe up to 10 pages.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim it`s not something that a big problem and I'm not suggesting having one for each v1,v2 ,v3 v4 , but worth considering P3D 32bit and P3D 64 bit sometime in the future this then would include v4 ,v5 v?.   

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg