Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Poll On which version of P3D forum members are using

Which P3D version are you using  

349 members have voted

1. 1. Thought it would be interesting to see what P3D version people are using at present

• Using only version 4
    • Using version 4 mostly, but still use version 3.X
    • Have installed version 4, but using mostly 3.X
    • Have not installed version 4, using Version 3 .X only
    • Using Version 2.X
    • Using version 1.X

1 hour ago, BrettT said:

I have V4 but have been primarily using V3 do mostly to the VR implementation.   I have tried the V4 version and just prefer to stay with Flying Inside in V3.  I suspect there will be little hesitation to go all in with V4 once Flying Inside is updated to support it

I'm doing nearly 100% VR flying now (Oculus), and I'm really enjoying the v4 implementation. I know some people miss the FlyInside extra features, but native v4 seems to work nicely. There were some VR improvements/fixes in the hotfix that was recently released, so LM seem to be taking this fairly seriously.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

12 minutes ago, MartinRex007 said:

I still use P3D 2.4 because of all my addons from FSX work great because of similar file structure.  I have a lot of planes and other addons that I enjoy and they have not, or will not be upgraded. And it works great and looks good on my system and I fly mostly all GA aircraft, so very few OOM. I pretty much have everything installed that I'm happy with and do a lot more flying now then always trying to stay up on the latest...plus I save a lot of money :biggrin:

Cheers

Martin

I am sure all of those addons would work in P3D v3.  

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I'm doing nearly 100% VR flying now (Oculus), and I'm really enjoying the v4 implementation. I know some people miss the FlyInside extra features, but native v4 seems to work nicely. There were some VR improvements/fixes in the hotfix that was recently released, so LM seem to be taking this fairly seriously.

I have tried it both before and after the hotfix.  Regardless of the extra features windows, I do feel the FI implementation is both smoother and operating the controls is easier.  I am definitely looking forward to when they get it up and running in v4.  Believe me I wanted it to be just as good or at least close.  Just hasn't been my experience so far.  I realize mileage may vary :-)

Am still on 3.4 and will stay that way until FSL A320 and PMDG NG is available. 

3.4 runs so well for my needs. Happy to wait.

I Did a flight last night with PTA etc and thought do I need to bother!......but I know I will at some point.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

20 minutes ago, MarkW said:

I am sure all of those addons would work in P3D v3.  

Hi Mark,

Probably, but if they are working fine in 2.4 why go through the trouble, regardless of which version of P3D you have it is still the same FDE, that hasn't been changed in ages, at my age I would rather fly then trouble-shoot. Been around since the first version of MS flight simulator and have had my share of headaches...

Cheers

Well I made the switch today. I bought a license for P3Dv4 today and it will be the first time I am using any version of the P3D platform. Very exciting as I switch to my first 64bit flight simulator.

• Upvote 2

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

1 hour ago, MartinRex007 said:

Hi Mark,

Probably, but if they are working fine in 2.4 why go through the trouble, regardless of which version of P3D you have it is still the same FDE, that hasn't been changed in ages, at my age I would rather fly then trouble-shoot. Been around since the first version of MS flight simulator and have had my share of headaches...

Cheers

You would only want to move to P3D v3 if you think there are better visuals.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Still using V3 as most of my flying is the NGX or Aerosoft Airbus recently as I've gotten a little bored with the 777 (for now of course). The only payware aircraft I have that is ported so far is the 717. Once the NGX comes out I'll probably make the move. 

But... I'm considering a side by side install of V3 and V4 this weekend just to get started. I currently have Active Sky Next but I don;t want to buy AS16 with Rex Skyforce being so close to release, so not sure what I'd use for a weather engine in the mean time. 

I am reasonably certain that I will purchase v4 at some point, but......why on Earth would I want to pay for it now if I do not need it yet? I have never been one to give in to peer pressure, and I do not intend to start now!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

V4 seems startlingly the same as V3, V3 runs PMDG/Majestic/FSCaptain/RealAir just great, and I have yet to see an OOM in V3.  I have a recently dead sim PC so I'm out of it at the moment anyway.   For me it hinges on whether or not I can resuscitate dead hardware for a reasonable price in which case the giant install of P3D and all its add ons can continuing on only briefly interupted, and I so would hold off on V4.  If however the hardware can't practically be restored and I build anew, then will likely go w/ V4 and fiddle around with it until all addons I use work normally in V4.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

In the last few months I have become addicted to flying helicopters, and that is all I fly now. I like exploring all the ORBX FTX regions I have, which is seven of them, which never ever gets boring. On a Typical 100 mile flight, I go from one small airport to another, and on most of them there is a helipad to land on somewhere on the airport, which is indicated by my Plan G3 moving map. None of the copters I have now, will work in Version 4, and frankly, may never work in 4, so it looks like 3.4 will be with me for a long time. It works well, excellent FPS, and never had an OOM. Just can't find any benefit for me to switch to 4. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Well, the improved autogen behaviour (no popping) is a strong argument for v4. On my system also photo scemery looks more intensive and crisp with v4. In v3 the textures somehow looked washed out even with PTA.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

I have v4 installed, but I'm mostly using v3 until my main addon aircraft are converted.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

have v4 but still using v3 for the FSLabs Bus. Once that gets released, I can finally uninstall v3 :biggrin:

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

I'm a big NGX fan, so while waiting for it to be released, I've been learning to fly TFDI'S B717. I've actually been having a lot of fun with it. Still needs a few fixes, but they are very responsive and  seem to be moving forward with the development. I'll definitely be keeping this active even after PMDG releases the 737.

John