Sign in to follow this  
FlyByWire

Big thanks to all at PMDG

Just thought I'd send a quick note to all the developers, programmers and testers at PMDG to say what a wonderful plane the 777 is to fly. Despite loading my system with all the addons I can (ORBX Global, UT2 (100% traffic), AS for P3Dv4, Pro ATC X, Aivlasoft EFB, Chaseplane, PMDG 777, GSX and Fly Tampa Amsterdam) I am coming up to TOD for flight from EHAM to FAJS / FAOR (depending on addon!) having been flying for 10.5 hours with no OOM (yet!!) and scenery at a nice 45 - 55 fps. OK, When I took off at EHAM, that was 20 - 25 fps, but having watched froogle's P3D video last night, my settings match his and I'm flying in a perfectly viewable, enjoyable plane. My flight today was to push things, I'm normally a PMDG737 pilot as I prefer the short hops without the hours of watching the landscape of Africa float away beneth me, but the chaseplane cinematic outside views have show what a wonderfully detailed beast this really is, and something that I haven't experienced to this visual level. And, to really push things, there's been a bit of GTAV on the same machine without any issues :)

Thanks to all of you who put in the hours of sweat, tears and frustration, without you guys we would all be sitting at the departure gate waiting for the planes to land. And, these have been FREE upgrades to what we had, unlike other addons whereby more expenditure is having to be made to appreciate the new platform. I know there are people who have been on about "when are you getting round to updating the 7xx as we are sitting here unable to fly - keep working as you are, we appreciate all the efforts you are doing and the community is all the more enriched by the experience you afford us.

Allen Forsyth

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, davecessna said:

But hurry the heck up with the 737, am I right? :P

I'm going to take some flack here but I say no, take your time with the 737!  Having just upgraded to p3d4 and purchased the Queen, I am having the time of my life relearning the 7-4.  While I do miss the lovely little 7-3, I have more than enough airplane to keep me very busy for the summer.

I will of course echo Allen's expression of gratitude to the fine folks at PMDG.  20 years ago when I first started flight simming I had no basis for even imagining it could advance to this level of realism.  Thank you.

• Upvote 2

Andrew Farmer

My flight sim blog: Fly, Farmer, Fly!

I'm happy with the big birds but I am still using v3 to fly the NGX...it's release for v4 will be like Christmas in July:-)

6 hours ago, Harma43 said:

Just thought I'd send a quick note to all the developers, programmers and testers at PMDG to say what a wonderful plane the 777 is to fly. Despite loading my system with all the addons I can (ORBX Global, UT2 (100% traffic), AS for P3Dv4, Pro ATC X, Aivlasoft EFB, Chaseplane, PMDG 777, GSX and Fly Tampa Amsterdam) I am coming up to TOD for flight from EHAM to FAJS / FAOR (depending on addon!) having been flying for 10.5 hours with no OOM (yet!!) and scenery at a nice 45 - 55 fps. OK, When I took off at EHAM, that was 20 - 25 fps, but having watched froogle's P3D video last night, my settings match his and I'm flying in a perfectly viewable, enjoyable plane. My flight today was to push things, I'm normally a PMDG737 pilot as I prefer the short hops without the hours of watching the landscape of Africa float away beneth me, but the chaseplane cinematic outside views have show what a wonderfully detailed beast this really is, and something that I haven't experienced to this visual level. And, to really push things, there's been a bit of GTAV on the same machine without any issues :)

Thanks to all of you who put in the hours of sweat, tears and frustration, without you guys we would all be sitting at the departure gate waiting for the planes to land. And, these have been FREE upgrades to what we had, unlike other addons whereby more expenditure is having to be made to appreciate the new platform. I know there are people who have been on about "when are you getting round to updating the 7xx as we are sitting here unable to fly - keep working as you are, we appreciate all the efforts you are doing and the community is all the more enriched by the experience you afford us.

Allen Forsyth

Allen, Could you please share your configuration?

Thank you.

Fred Matias

3 hours ago, Tabs said:

Allen,

We appreciate seeing positive stuff like this - thanks a ton!

Ryan, if everyone that takes equally great pleasure flying all of the beautiful and accurate PMDG aircraft showed their appreciation with a similar post, there wouldn't be any more room in the forum left for anything else, so I'll just say "Ditto". :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Same here. PMDG planes bring so much joy.... Thanks for that.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, anthonyg96 said:

I love pmdg,pmdg will you marry me😂😂

RSR is married, Kyle may be available though!:laugh:

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

Kyle may be available though!

haha - not married, but decidedly not on the market.

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers