I didn't get a response on the forum below so I'll try here ---

I have a 6yr old GTX 580 and GPU-Z says Max Temp while running FSX is 97.0 C and the Max Load is 99.0%. Should I be concerned?

Thanks,

Bruce

Hi. 97 C is pretty hot.Try clean your gpu from dust. It might help to reduce temps.

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ

I would upgrade that card as it might be near the end of it's useable life. 

If that isn't an option, make sure you case is dust free and double check that your fans are unobstructed.

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

Temps are way too high. Should run loaded in the 60's. If you can't afford a new GPU currently, as the others have said, clean the fans and the case interior. However, I don't think this is your total problem.

I suggest you remove one of the case sides (so you can clearly see the GPU), and place a separate fan on it. Milk it this way as long as you can.

But this might be for naught as running temps that high has no doubt shortened the life of your card considerably. Time to save some butter and egg money for a new one.

Wish you luck with this one.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Well FSX runs quite well (no PMDG stuff though) and the graphics are really very good, with DX10 Fixer, although the entire I5-2500k unclocked system is 6 yrs old. Still these temps are incredibly high even with an H100 water cooler and I thought the system would have a melt down long ago! I do blow the dust out with a leaf blower twice a year.

I have been seriously looking at this system from Micro Center  ---

Micro Center Denver

PowerSpec G428 Desktop Computer - $1,800

Intel Core i7-7700K Processor 4.2GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB GDDR5X
    16GB DDR4-3000 RAM
    2TB HDD+500GB SSD
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro-64-bit
    ASUS 24x DVDRW Drive
    Multi-in-One Memory Card Reader
    10/100/1000 Network
    802.11ac Wireless

The PowerSpec G428 desktop computer is a powerful gaming machine featuring the Intel Core i7-7700K unlocked processor with an Asrock Z270 Fatal1ty System Board. For gameplay domination it includes an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 TI Video Card and 16GB of High Performance DDR4 3000 RAM. The Windows 10 Professional Operating System is loaded on a 500GB SSD with a 2TB Storage Drive to provide an incredible experience playing the most demanding games in the market today! Note: This system is pre-installed with Windows 10 Pro software.

Bruce

6 hours ago, brucets said:

PowerSpec G428 Desktop Computer - $1,800

Don't know anything about PowerSpec, but that looks like a really great system at a good price. I'd check what sort of CPU cooler they're using but, even if it would benefit from replacing, it's still a good buy.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

What size PSU do they propose supplying?  I would suggest nothing less than 850. This gives you a bit of a cushion.

I just built a similar system for just a bit over 1k so if you're not doing it yourself, the price looks reasonable.  This should handle  pretty much anything you throw at it.

As for simming, you should be happy.

Again, good luck with your purchase.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

1 hour ago, 188AHC said:

I just built a similar system for just a bit over 1k

You're clearly not living in the UK then! The 7700K and the 1080Ti alone will cost you the best part of £1000 here (about $1300).

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

The power supply is 750w(click on specs)      http://www.microcenter.com/product/479097/G428_Desktop_Computer

Although I am a casual simmer that likes the high end graphics I don't know that I really need a high end pc, but here's the other model I am looking at --

PowerSpec X508 Desktop Computer - $2,499.99

Intel Core i7-7700K Processor 4.2GHz
    ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB GDDR5X
    32GB G.Skill DDR4-3200 RAM
    2TB HDD+512GB SSD (RAID 0)
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    16x Blu-ray DVD Burner Drive
    10/100/1000 Network
    802.11ac Wireless
    Bluetooth 4.1

The PowerSpec X508 Desktop Computer features the Intel Core i7 7700K unlocked processor kept cool to overclock by the Corsair Hydro H100i liquid cooler. This extreme performance gaming system is based upon the ASUS ROG Strix Z270E Gaming system board powered by a 1000W Gold power supply with CableMod's ModFlex sleeving for vivid color and supreme flexibility in a Cooler Master MasterCase 5 Pro chassis including CableMod's LED Strip for a unique lighting effect. For gameplay domination it also includes an ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti STRIX ROG Overclocked 11GB GDDR5X Gaming Video Card and 32GB of G.Skill High Performance DDR4 3200 RAM. In addition, the Windows 10 Professional operating system is loaded on two Intel 600P Series 256GB M.2 SSD's in RAID 0 with a 2TB WD storage drive.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/480065/X508_Desktop_Computer

Bruce

There is a company that just does flight simming PC's. http://jetlinesystems.com/

They can work with your budget and preferences, while making sure the performance is acceptable. Worth the call, very friendly, very professional.   

I have bought 2 of their PC's and going on a third before very long. 

1 hour ago, pracines said:

They can work with your budget and preferences, while making sure the performance is acceptable.

Just looking at the Jetline Systems site, if you change the spec of their basic GT1 system (the cheapest) to add similar components to the PowerSpec X508 shown above, you're then talking about a system costing nearly $3300 - $800 more. If you go for the GT2, a similar system would then cost almost $4000 - $1500 more. I'm sure that the Jetline system is good, but with that sort of price difference it's hard to justify the cost over what appears to be a well-specified system with good quality components from PowerSpec.

1 hour ago, vortex681 said:

Just looking at the Jetline Systems site, if you change the spec of their basic GT1 system (the cheapest) to add similar components to the PowerSpec X508 shown above, you're then talking about a system costing nearly $3300 - $800 more. If you go for the GT2, a similar system would then cost almost $4000 - $1500 more. I'm sure that the Jetline system is good, but with that sort of price difference it's hard to justify the cost over what appears to be a well-specified system with good quality components from PowerSpec.

That is what is on the website, but on the last system that I bought for another person, Jetline made my GT1 order and made it a GT2 for free, with major upgrades for free; just because I was a return customer. That system was for a beginner in flight sims, and now his system is better than the one I have. I will be getting another Jetline for myself as my HD's are about full and its just about time to upgrade. I have another person that I intend to get a Jetline PC for also, so they can enjoy Star Trek bridge crew. 

I used to build my own systems, but with time costing me more and more, Jetline actually saves me so much time, and I know they understand the needs of flight simulators. From FS9,FSX, P3D, X-Plane, Aero Fly II, virtual reality, and even full scale cockpit setups, they are ready for any flight sim situation, and if its ready for flight sim, it can handle anything :biggrin:.

Plus it would not hurt to take a few minutes to call and see if they can help.

Yes, I've been watching the Jetline site for years, and they are the best! But these PowerSpec pc's are hugely less expensive. I was amazed to find them at these prices. Jetline does overclock and loads your choice of sims, and they also test fly it before delivery, but these prices are impossible to ignore. My current system was custom built by Micro Center DEN, when I lived there 6 years ago, but I have since moved to PHX. I'll be driving to DEN the end of August, though, and I'll be staying about 5mi from Micro Center. Seems like a no-brain er.

Bruce