Sign in to follow this  
StewCal

Pause at TOD....

I've had two flights recently with the Queen that have failed to pause at the Top of Descent even with that option selected in the FMC.  Both flights continued until they ran out of fuel.   Anyone else have this happen?

Prepar3d 4 by the way...

Steve Giblin

Never had this and always seem to work.

Did you check you had a TOD? Sometimes when the last fix of your route is far away from the airport you don't have a TOD calculated.

5 hours ago, StewCal said:

Anyone else have this happen?

Usually this happens when you don't actually have a T/D. Check to ensure that you've selected a STAR, and that the STAR includes some sort of altitude restriction lower than your cruise altitude so that the FMC actually calculates a T/D. Without a T/D, the system cannot pause at T/D.

Kyle Rodgers

I'll have to keep an eye on that.  Just never happened before in thousands of flying hours....Thanks.

Steve Giblin

How could you possibly allow your flights to run out of fuel in such a lovely aircraft as the QOTS III??!! LOL.

Seriously, the only cases I'm aware of where this has happened are when the flight crew have all fallen asleep and the aircraft has flown on past its destination!  Running out of fuel is usually put down to pilot error and in the past this has been caused by confusion between the fuel load in Lbs and Kgs or (dare I say with tongue in cheek?!) appallingly bad airmanship! 

Before flying it pays to remember that excess fuel is defined as "The amount of fuel that comes out of the overflow vents" or "The fuel you leave behind in the bowser" - whichever is less!

Bertie Goddard

I doubt he simply ran out of fuel as you think he did :-) for me it reads more like he thought that it pauses at top of descent, went away from keyboard for some hours in hope the SIM is in pause mode until he gets back.

Bit since no top of descent is calculated it never paused and went out of fuel as a result.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

BetaTeamB.png

I have same problem on the FSX Steam.

on the ND displays T/D and VNAV Page show a how long time to T/D

so I think T/D has calculated.

of couse i selected PAUSE AT TOP OF DESCENT option is ON

please tell me what should i do