Sign in to follow this  
Howiefly

Black Screen Returned

Jean-Luc.  The Black Screen has returned.  I have to restart several times and then I may get the 750 to run.  I am using the latest version.

Thanks,  Howard

Hi Howard,

Can you please try out something the next time? When the black screen GTN shows up, open task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC). Then try locating the GTN Simulator.exe process, and check how much CPU time it is taking.

This will help finding out if the process is caught either idle, or busy in a loop, or if the issue is from somewhere else.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi Jean-Luc.  It is listed twice, once using 141.516K memory and once using 141.480K of memory.  The description is GTN Trainer amd the Image Name is GTN Simulator,.

Thanks.  Hope this helps.  Howard

Okay, now when i ran Xplane the 750 was working just fine, and the GTN Simulator usage was 45,904K and CPU was 40%.

Why do you think it shows up twice when the 750 had a black screen?

I just ran Xplane and the 750 had a Black screen.  The CPU  % was 54% and the GTN Simulator showed up again 2 times with 134,000K memory each.

This could lead me to think there is some sort of 'lock' which the Garmin gets stuck looping in, (think multithread bug) but it will require a little bit digging deeper to make sure.

Even when it is running fine, CPU shall be around 1 to 3% on average, not 40%. Are you sure these are the individual GTN trainer CPU% and not the global system CPU%?

When black, did both GTN trainers share roughly 100% of CPU (for example one using 54% and the other 45%)?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Okay Jean-Luc,  Here is the latest.  I just started up XPlane and got a Black screen.  

The GTN Simulator showed up only once, this time, in the Windows Task Manager and the memory was 37,600 K and the CPU was 0%.  The system CPU % was 41% with XPlane running and 12% without XPlane running.,  The prior CPU numbers I gave you yesterday were for the system % with XPlane running.

Thanks,   Howard

Black screen is still there. Today's numbers are 136,708K memory,  00% CPU for GTN Simulator and 43% system CPU with XPlane running and 12%CPU without XPlane running.

Hi, can you please try using the more advance task manager from here:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processexplorer.aspx

Once using it, I'd very much like you to:

1) double click the GTN Simulator.exe process to open the 'information' panel

2) select the 'threads' tab

3) take a screenshot and post it here.

I'd like to view the threads in more details.

Thank you for your help with this.

Jean-Luc.   I ran the program you suggested but I can't upload a screenshot in this forum.  I also couldn't find the 'Threads' tab.

I would really like to help both you and me, but this is getting above my level of computer knowledge.  I will be leaving in a few days for a 2 week vacation.  Please let me know if there is a way that I can email the file to you.

Thanks,   Howard

Bought the GTN 750 for XP 11. Nothing but Blank screen on GTN device. Installed and uninstalled 3 times. Nothing. GTN trainer works fine. What am I missing here

5 hours ago, Howiefly said:

Please let me know if there is a way that I can email the file to you.

I've sent you a PM.

1 hour ago, jgavlak said:

Nothing but Blank screen on GTN device

Hi, can you please post your "my documents\rxpGtnSim.dll.log" and "my documents\rxpGTN.xpl.log" files?

Here are the text files

17/07/10 23:34:49.276 05020 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.4.6.0

17/07/10 23:34:52.776 05020 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.4.6.0
17/07/10 23:35:40.496 05020 ERROR] GTN 750.1 process not ready: C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\rxpGtnSim32.dll
17/07/10 23:35:40.516 05020 ERROR] The specified module could not be found., code: 0000007e
17/07/10 23:35:40.736 05020 ERROR] GTN 750.2 process not ready: C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\rxpGtnSim32.dll
17/07/10 23:35:40.746 05020 ERROR] The specified module could not be found., code: 0000007e
17/07/10 23:37:59.615 05020 ERROR] GTN 750.1 process not ready: C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\rxpGtnSim32.dll
17/07/10 23:37:59.625 05020 ERROR] The specified module could not be found., code: 0000007e