Howiefly

Black Screen Returned

22 posts in this topic

Thank you for the logs.

They show, most likely, your anti-virus has wrongly quarantined at least one of our files:

"C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\rxpGtnSim32.dll"

Please make sure to "white list" the file in your antivirus program and this should work ok!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks for the quick reply. Re-installed with white listed file and all is well now. Thanks

Extremely frustrated! This is an amazing program when it works. Black screen is very frustrating. I have white listed what was stated above and still the black screen. Anyone have anymore ideas?

Okay - now it works. Did not do anything different though. I am not sure what causes it to work off and on but glad it is working again.

I would say that approx. 90% of the time, if I get a black box, toggling the Battery switch on & off will solve the problem and the GTN750 will start up.  

Also, I just purchased the Aerobask Ecliplse 550 NG, which comes with its own version of the 750 & 650 installed in the panel, but I still use the RXP GTN750 as a pop up gauge, because it has a lot more functions and is still my favorite add on for XPlane 11.

Thanks,  Howard

I love this GTN750. I will try your idea next time I have a problem again.

Thanks.

John

7 hours ago, john82088 said:

I love this GTN750

Thank you for your kind words!

As for the 'power cycle' option, we've detected a potential issue with the 'power on' command under some circumstances, and we have a probable fix coming up with our P3D releases. It is a 'bad timing' issue between different parts of the gauge/plugin and the trainer which makes it appear sometimes, or not. However, looking at the ratio customers/problems reported, this is really not happening very often, but when it does, it is annoying.