Sign in to follow this  
motoadve

Just tried the demo, 172 feels overpowered and scenery not impressed.

I tried it in an airstrip I fly my real 182, and outperforms my 182 in climb by far,(mine is STOL equipped with MT prop and VGs, so its even a better performer than a stock 182, scenery not impressed at all, are there add ons like ORBX for Xplane 11?

Initial impressions not good, although the flight model does fell nice, seems waay too powerful.

The demo only has scenery from the Seattle area (I think).  You might try KBFI.  The default 172 shouldn't be taken seriously.  There is a good payware 172 though.

1 hour ago, motoadve said:

I tried it in an airstrip I fly my real 182, and outperforms my 182 in climb by far,(mine is STOL equipped with MT prop and VGs, so its even a better performer than a stock 182, scenery not impressed at all, are there add ons like ORBX for Xplane 11?

Initial impressions not good, although the flight model does fell nice, seems waay too powerful.

And hows the Default FSX aircraft and scenery? Don't judge a book by its cover!

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

It's a 180hp 172 (not an older 150hp model) with one person in the seat by default. It's gonna climb around 900-1000FPM in standard conditions unless you are near max gross.

My real life 182P makes about the same.

As for not being impressed with the scenery, I don't know what to tell you. The scenery in the XP11 demo blows away just about anything you can get in FSX in detail, resolution, and accuracy. And to answer your question, no there's no Orbx. There's the free Ortho4XP everyone uses. It's high resolution photoreal + autogen overlays. 90% of the XP pics you see these days are using that.

3 hours ago, motoadve said:

Yes the default 172 is a bit overpowered. I reached my climb altitude 15 seconds to fast according to the numbers. But it's default ! It can be tweaked in planemaker or the developer is pretty receptive to input.

The scenery is a lot better then default P3D/FSX scenery. 

No ORBX scenery but we have ortho4xp !!

If  you are not impressed then stick with FSX/P3D !  

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

3 hours ago, motoadve said:

Yep, not gonna lie - to get a real experience expect to pony up - just like you did with P3D/FSX.  Though out of the box it can look better than default P3D or FSX, you'll need to spend some cash to get the quality addons etc.  There is however,  A LOT you can do with freeware like the amazing Ortho4xP (make your own photo tiles with autogen accurately placed etc), freeware sky/airport textures, freeware airports (search Mister X at .Org)

If you're looking for a payware starter plane - look at the AirfoilLabs C172 and the vFlyteAir PA30 twin Comanche.

https://www.airfoillabs.com/

http://www.vflyteair.com/

If you're into airliners check out the IXEG B737-300 (it's essentially like a PMDG aircraft)

If you do get into the sim, check out more planes like the amazing Aerobask Eclipse 550 v2, Epic Victory jet - http://www.aerobask.com/

The LES Saab 340 is a sublime regional turboprop - http://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/product_info.php/take-command-saab-340a-p-100

Flight Factor 757 v2 - http://www.flightfactor.aero/boeing-757-screenshots

Carenado does XP10 releases, but they only have 1 or 2 XP11 native releases, I believe their Beech 1900 is out native and it looks excellent.  Unlike in FSX/P3D, Carenado aircraft are much more well done in XP.  http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Portal/index.php?accion=product&correl=196

Helicopters?  Look no further than the new native XP11 Bell 407 from Dreamfoil - it's incredible - http://store-x-plane-org.3dcartstores.com/Bell-407-XP11_p_620.html

So yea, especially put a little time into the sim (give it at least two weeks - you've got to adjust!) - in no time you'll have a decent looking sim like so:

35454182072_40652ebedb_o.jpg

(Default aircraft with freeware ortho4xp generated scenery here)

34781181904_0205e44bba_o.jpg

(default scenery this shot)

35235778260_7f12490e17_o.jpg

34813560713_8b78c3e4d4_o.jpg

(Freeware Gulfstream--- yes freeware)

35583020936_967e00c96f_o.jpg

(Payware LES Saab 340 - it's amazing)

35235852980_aabfc1269c_o.jpg

(Payware Aerobask Pipistrel landing FREEWARE KLAX by Mister X)

34813618543_efe9a771dc_o.jpg

• Upvote 5

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

@motodave, 

would really like to use your R experience in the 182 regarding ground physics, when taxiing / taking off under a mild 5 knot direct or quarterly x-wind... 

Then get it up to, say, 10 knot..

What do you think ? And if you think it's way out of sync with reality, as I do, please wait for XP11.10 because Austin is working on updated propwash and ground physics for that release.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Mine's a P model but the only difference between it and the R is the engine (higher TBO).

It's not secret that XPs ground physics are way off at this point.

If it's true that Austin is looking at fixing that in 11.10, that would be great.

19 hours ago, motoadve said:

not impressed? how did you ever put up with fsx? there are plenty of scenery available, a lot of them far superior to ORBX, the major difference is quite a few are free, with a little time and effort the sim looks amazing

Had Xplane 10, Prepar 3D with ORBX which I like.

Was expecting a better Xplane 11 not an overpowered 172 , that you notice in the first take off.

And so so scenery.

Im not trying to ruin someone else's experince, Im glad Xplane 11 has a demo, maybe next update will be better.

FSX I dont have.

20 hours ago, motoadve said:

I cross-checked with a C172S manual ( https://www.gaceflyingclub.com/Member Download/172S Skyhawk Information Manual Searchable.pdf  , page 130), and the numbers I get in X-Plane seem pretty close. For example, I can climb at around 700 fpm max, at 2000 ft pressure altitude, and at max gross weight (2550 lbs), exactly like the manual states. Don't see how that is "waay too powerful".

In any case, do you judge P3D by the accuracy of its default aircrafts? You must be the first simmer in the community to do that! :ha:

• Upvote 3

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

1 hour ago, motoadve said:

Had Xplane 10, Prepar 3D with ORBX which I like.

Was expecting a better Xplane 11 not an overpowered 172 , that you notice in the first take off.

And so so scenery.

Im not trying to ruin someone else's experince, Im glad Xplane 11 has a demo, maybe next update will be better.

FSX I dont have.

As I said - give it a fair shake- at least a week to get things setup - 

im still tweaking P3D v4 and I've been in since v2

you can't honestly form your entire opinion off a few tries of the demo - I did that with XP10 and almost quit it for good.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Agree with Murmur here. You are comparing the default sim, scenery and aircraft to P3D with payware scenery and aircraft. For what you get out of the box in XP11, it's a bargain in comparison. There are problems with the ground physics and flight models, but for default it's not bad at all. The sim just like P3D has a learning curve, but IMO you'll get much much more bang-for-buck in X-Plane than you will in P3D.

...but anyway it seems the OP has already made up his mind before this topic was even posted, so no amount of pretty screenshots or anything else is going to work at this point.

Well, many people - many opinions. I own 172P, I used to own 182F.  I'm very impressed with XP11 :)

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI