Sign in to follow this  
sightseer

Dreamfleet addon aircraft portability

Hi -I am considering buying one of Dreamfleets add on aircraft (like the Beech A36 - I have to wait for the CD though) and I am wonderingwhat happens if you buy the aircraft and then want to either upgrade your machine or get a new system?I ask because I went to the flightsim forum and saw something aboutlicensing and found the message confusing. It seemed to be saying thatyou could only run the addon on the machine onto which you first installed it (exactly as it was when you installed it). I have been wantingto ask this question on their forum but they seem to take quite a whileto allow you to ask a question.Does anyone have any experience with Dreamfleet/flight1 add on aircraft as far as portability issues are concerned? I won't be eagerto buy a product that I can't use on my next (or upgraded) system.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Guest DreamFleet

You have nothing to worry about, Dave. Our install / licensing system, the "Flight One Software Wrapper" is one of the best / most-used of any one out there, and we are here to help if you have any problems with it.NOTICE: I am posting this at 11:38 PM New York time (according to my computer), so we do make an effort when it comes to support. We've been around some five years now, and have many folks who can attest to the validity of our / Flight One's installation program.I think I am going to go to bed now. ;-)Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

Lou,Dave does have a valid point though that you avoided answering.If we upgrade our machines to optimise FS9 buying your products (I have three of them) it means that we no longer own them because of the Flight-1 wrapper service that even I, by just simply changing my e-mail address, have fallen foul of.Please explain, as it does put us off of buying a download and waiting for the disk.Dave T. .........On the Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

you didn't OWN the product anyway, you only own a license to use the product.If you provide information to prove that you're really you you can always get a new key for a new machine.About the only way that would run foul is if you get a new machine, a new credit card, and a new email address all at the same time and promptly loose access to all 3 and forget what they all were.

Guest allcott

And unlike some, the process is both automated, and instant. :)Allcott

depending on the company you may still have to use some sort of activation system though.And indeed you still don't own the software, you own only the right to use it and the physical distribution media.

>depending on the company you may still have to use some sort>of activation system though.>And indeed you still don't own the software, you own only the>right to use it and the physical distribution media.Honestly Jeroen, you DO seem to be very argumentive, I will not suffer depression from your comments.The number included within most disks is for the buyer only. We all know that. Therefore, the number is yours because you bought it AND the disk with the information that you payed for too.Reason why disks are more expensive than a download, wouldn't you say?Dave T. .........On the Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

Sorry Dave T. Mr Wenting is dead right. This is standard business law and is fully recognised internationaly. Intellectual property is the property of the writer or programmer (or company in most cases).pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

We use the F1 wrapper system for the same reasons pointed out by others here.The F1 system is as user friendly as it gets. You really have to ignore the rules, and disregard common sense to "run afoul" of the system. As Lou pointed out, all the companies we know who use the F1 system are available to help whenever possible.Users failure to understand and implement the system correctly does not constitute wrong doing by either F1 or vendors using F1 system :-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I have six or seven add-ons which use the Flight 1 wrapper, and I believe it to be the best in the industry - as are the DreamFleet products. A trip from Fly-Tampa's Tacoma - San Francisco - San Diego using the Dreamfleet 727 is an experience never to be forgotten. If you take care of your pc - do regular backups - burn all your docs, download purchase information and softwares onto a cd, don't change your email adress every five minutes - you'll likely never have a problem. Go for it. pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Dave - I have purchased many Flight1 products over the years and have never had a problem. I've been through five diferent machines, three e-mail addresses, and used several different credit cards and everything is fine. I'm still using all the products and I think you'll find the product support from Flight1 the best there is. Don't worry about it, everything will be OK.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.