Sign in to follow this  
jasonboche

Are downloadable FSX liveries compatible with P3D v4?

Perhaps a simple question (I tried the search function first looking for "paint" but did not find the answer).

I'm a long time user of PMDG aircraft with FSX. Now I'm starting to use P3D for the first time (v4) and I bought the PMDG 777. The AVSIM library has hundreds of wonderful aircraft repaints for the PMDG aircraft but almost all of them seem to be in the FSX category. My question is are these repaints equally compatible with the same PMDG aircraft in P3D v4? I don't want to taint my P3D v4 installation or the PMDG aircraft.

Thank you,

Jason Boche

8 minutes ago, jasonboche said:

Perhaps a simple question (I tried the search function first looking for "paint" but did not find the answer).

I'm a long time user of PMDG aircraft with FSX. Now I'm starting to use P3D for the first time (v4) and I bought the PMDG 777. The AVSIM library has hundreds of wonderful aircraft repaints for the PMDG aircraft but almost all of them seem to be in the FSX category. My question is are these repaints equally compatible with the same PMDG aircraft in P3D v4? I don't want to taint my P3D v4 installation or the PMDG aircraft.

Thank you,

Jas

Jas (PMDG ask for full names in forums),

There shouldn't be any difference or negative affect, so I would suggest trying it. If something isn't quite right, thankfully liveries are easy to remove.

• Upvote 1

Thank you.

For PMDG: Jason Boche is my first and last name. I've updated my signature with my name so this shouldn't be an issue going forward.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, jasonboche said:

For PMDG: Jason Boche is my first and last name. I've updated my signature with my name so this shouldn't be an issue going forward.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Liveries are the same between all FSX and P3D versions.

This *may* change in the distant future with new products if we start to take advantage of v4+'s higher texture resolution limits where we don't have to worry about VAS and stuff like that, but for now they're staying the same because there's so many different sims we're supporting. Breaking livery compatibility would be a nightmare currently though. I wouldn't anticipate changes like that until the 64-bit sims have become the total standard for everyone and we stop developing for the 32-bit ones.

• Upvote 1

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

2 hours ago, pedrotrindade said:

Does this applies to the Queen V3 and the 747x liveries as well?

All liveries can be used cross platform. For now.

Dan Downs KCRP

On 30.6.2017 at 5:27 PM, Tabs said:

This *may* change in the distant future with new products if we start to take advantage of v4+'s higher texture resolution limits where we don't have to worry about VAS and stuff like that,

This worries me a bit. Think of the performance hit. I do not see a benefit using HD textures unless one uses 8k monitors that may come in future.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR