Sign in to follow this  
NickFlightX

Uhhhhh, does v4 have Meteors or Comets in it?

Wow, in all the night flying I've done in FS9-P3Dv4 I never knew there were shooting stars...I'll have to pay more attention.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Do the stars still appear in v4 before the sun drops below the horizon? Hopefully not.

Ray - It appears the stars still show up too early....:mellow:

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

1 hour ago, Flic1 said:

Ray - It appears the stars still show up too early....:mellow:

Bloody hell! For all its advances that is a staggering oversight. We've had that anomaly for multiple versions now. I suppose in the big picture it's not a killer but is disappointing that it can't be eradicated.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Sadly, the JF deHavilland DH106 won't install in P3D, so that's one Comet you won't see in P3D (yet anyway), however, their Meteor F.8 does work in P3D, Then there's the A2A P-80 Shooting Star too of course lol. :dry:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

10 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

The Aurora and shooting stars have been in the engine since at least fs9.

Yep :-)

André

11 hours ago, NickFlightX said:

Dont have anything to prove this, but I was just flying along in the PMDG 747 at night (SLC - PDX), and all of a sudden, 3 tear drop shaped objects moved horizontally from right to left outside. It was like this blue glow, kinda like a lightsaber glow and as soon as one disappeared, another one would appear. They were only on screen for about a second so couldnt capture it. Anyone know if this is some P3D affect or am I going crazy? Lol

You didn't happen to fly over the Dugway Proving Ground did you? You're lucky you didn't get taken down that's where area 52 is. It's more secretive than area 51 is.:ohmy:

Bloody hell! For all its advances that is a staggering oversight. We've had that anomaly for multiple versions now

Yes, that annoys me in P3D v3, Ray. The stars can even be seen through the atmospheric haze near the horizon. Let's face it though.......stars and ATC are not exactly a priority for Lockheed Martin :dry:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

A night flight from London to Tokyo will usually show the aurora if the weather conditions are right.

7 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Do the stars still appear in v4 before the sun drops below the horizon? Hopefully not.

Why do you say that Ray?  When flying IRL you can see stars before the Sun disappears

just curious,

-Braun

14 hours ago, NickFlightX said:

Dont have anything to prove this, but I was just flying along in the PMDG 747 at night (SLC - PDX), and all of a sudden, 3 tear drop shaped objects moved horizontally from right to left outside. It was like this blue glow, kinda like a lightsaber glow and as soon as one disappeared, another one would appear. They were only on screen for about a second so couldnt capture it. Anyone know if this is some P3D affect or am I going crazy? Lol

I thought you meant Aircraft. Gloster Meteor & de Havilland Comet. :blink:

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Why do you say that Ray?  When flying IRL you can see stars before the Sun disappears

You can see some stars at low altitude (or on the ground) before twilight ends, but not when the Sun is above the horizon. The situation at airliner cruise altitudes may be different, but that is not what Ray is talking about.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, btacon said:

just curious,

-Braun

Only a few stars (Sirius probably one and Venus) are visible shortly AFTER sunset but none are visible with the sun above the horizon. The only object you'll see then is the moon.

What's IRL?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

IRL= Irritable Life Syndrome. No need to fact check. Just trust me :D 

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Only a few stars (Sirius probably one and Venus) are visible shortly AFTER sunset but none are visible with the sun above the horizon. The only object you'll see then is the moon.

What's IRL?

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

1 minute ago, warriorpilot said:

IRL= Irritable Life Syndrome. No need to fact check. Just trust me :D 

Aren't the letters meant to match the words? :blink:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather