Sign in to follow this  
NickFlightX

Uhhhhh, does v4 have Meteors or Comets in it?

5 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Aren't the letters meant to match the words? :blink:

No its one of the after affects of Irratable Life Syndrom. You see things in the virtual skies and nothing make sense. Up is down, Down is up. You just cant trust anything any more. 

BTW. To the people asking if Shadow Play captures it. IT DID! I just found it!. 

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Been flying FSX variant flight sims for eight years never knew about the meteors. Then for the first time I saw one over Orbx Pago Pago at 4am sim time with a tail length and duration much like real life. Thanks for making me aware of this. It also appears that modifying stars.dat with AutostarX doesn't affect this astronomical display which is good.

Remedy: Please follow these instructions...

- Please check your monitors, very likely you are experiencing a monitor glitch called "depleted pixel"

- Do not sit too close to your monitor as your pupils will  expand and contract erratically causing you to "streaks" of light.

-  Do not fly late at night nor attempt the so-called long haul. Remember this is simulation, not real life. It's best to save electricity, and enjoy your flight simulation by flying no more than 2 hours at a time.

- And last but not least, your monitor is reflecting your house lamp lights, making you believe you saw a falling star, accompanied by an angel... ahh the brain,

(It's a joke fellows; maybe you are seeing a star , or meteor,  and even the Ahhh rora,)

6 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Only a few stars (Sirius probably one and Venus) are visible shortly AFTER sunset but none are visible with the sun above the horizon. The only object you'll see then is the moon.

What's IRL?

Heh, IRL means In Real Life Ray.  As for the rest I'm not so sure about the 100% ness of what you state above.  I flew day and night VFR for many years IRL and I seem to remember seeing more than just one or two stars at dusk and twilight, but you are correct when the sun is above the horizon.

Best, -Braun

6 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

What's IRL?

It stands for 'in real life', Ray.

IRL has pretty good graphics, but I personally think that there's a lot of downsides compared with P3D v4. No slew mode and crash physics seem a bit overdone. Plenty of freeware scenery, but no aircraft in this category that I'm aware of. 

I'm going to stay with v4 for now, but might give IRL's various modules another go down the track.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Thanks to those who explained IRL. There's too many acronyms in modern life. :wink:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Thanks to those who explained IRL. There's too many acronyms in modern life. :wink:

Ray  if  there  are  any others  you  come  across  just google  it  and  it  will tell  you 

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

In real life, if there is no light pollution, stars start to become visible at dusk while the Sun is still visible.  When I go to my astronomy camp outs, we start gazing the eastern sky while the sun is on our back.  Cirrus is readily visible.

AAL??? Mark "Crabby"  Crabtree

logo_130208.png

On 7/1/2017 at 3:58 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Thanks to those who explained IRL. There's too many acronyms IML. :wink:

Fixed it for ya, Ray. 😎

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

6 hours ago, MDFlier said:

Fixed it for ya, Ray. 😎

yea  but  your  2  years  to late😁

• Like 2

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

In real life, if there is no light pollution, stars start to become visible at dusk while the Sun is still visible.

I have never seen any stars with the naked eye when the Sun is above the horizon. The only object that I have seen in this situation (apart from the Moon) is Venus, and that is only because I had the Moon close by to give me a frame of reference for its location. Sirius is three magnitudes fainter than Venus, and the rest are significantly fainter than that.

On a side note, the Sun was approximately 5 degrees above the horizon during the quick flight that I made last night. It was visible through my cockpit window to the right of centre. I then noticed that the Pleiades star cluster was visible directly ahead of me, and just above the horizon (in the haze)!

That is not a realistic simulation of the real world.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

45 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

On a side note, the Sun was approximately 5 degrees above the horizon during the quick flight that I made last night. It was visible through my cockpit window to the right of centre. I then noticed that the Pleiades star cluster was visible directly ahead of me, and just above the horizon (in the haze)!

It baffles me that these underlying problems still exist in a sim that has been transformed by LM. To that you can add Ai unintelligence, the Prime Meridian stutters and perhaps less frustrating, not being able to have only one end of a runway open for landing / take-off.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 5/13/2019 at 3:37 AM, Christopher Low said:

I have never seen any stars with the naked eye when the Sun is above the horizon. The only object that I have seen in this situation (apart from the Moon) is Venus, and that is only because I had the Moon close by to give me a frame of reference for its location. Sirius is three magnitudes fainter than Venus, and the rest are significantly fainter than that.

I am not arguing that work can be done on the environment in P3D (don't know about xplane).  However, if you have never noticed them, a quick search on google for stars at sunset and stars at dusk will yield many images.  You can even google pictures taken specifically from a plane from which you can see more stars because there is 35000 or so feet of atmospher underneath you instead of blocking the seeing.  Again, being able to see them depends on night pollution, the seeing that is present at the moment (seeing is the amount of atmospheric distortion), and the ability to determine if you are looking at is Venus or Canis Major (if you in the Norhtern hemisphere, Sirius if you in the south).

Stars during dusk and dawn are not unrealistic. the number of them and the magnitude they show at can be.  I use Starmaker to set my stars, creating a new stars.dat file every month to make sure that the stars are in the correct position and set the magnitude and color.

It's funny that in a time when a sub $100 sim coupled with another $100 bucks or so in planes, that allows you to fly a MD83 (insert favorite aircraft here) from practically anywhere to practically anwhere, we look to fairly trivial areas to critical of......

AAL??? Mark "Crabby"  Crabtree

logo_130208.png

A quick check on Google shows lots of images of stars after sunset, but none when the Sun is still above the horizon.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

As odd as it sounds I also had that experience but only once. I have flown an approach towards EDDM IIRC (IIRC = if i remember correctly) and suddenly 3 lights overtook me. I posted a simmilar Q here at avsim and yup...did also get these funny responses <- this is not meant as an insult (just wanted to point out that I also got some responses that put a laugh on my face).

There were disscussions about Dyn Lights or other lights that might cause them. Never saw them again....

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech