Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

XP11 in Steam :-)

Just installed it, through Steam...

Heck! It loads faster, and it's even easier to manage - add/ remove scenery, ...

Didn't yet configure any controllers - next task for the weekend - and only Global Europe scenery installed.  Betas enabled.

Steam rulezzzzzz!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

And you may one-click uninstall...

• Upvote 2

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Exactly !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Jcomm is the only user who Steam creates a disinstall button on desktop for. He cannot risk to loose precious time to navigate menus.

It's their Jcomm-Steam app, available for SmartPhones too!  Uninstall with a simple click, even miles away from your PC :-)

• Upvote 2

Main Simulation Rig:

I noticed there is just CDG in the default airports in this Steam install ? I used to have a few more around Europe / USA ?

Humpty just confirmed that in his install there are a total of 13 Aerosoft airports. That's what I used to have too...

I have just CDG and the KSEA demo. Europe scenery was the only installed at first, followed by North Americas, because I plan to fly there to sometimes...

So, apparently the Steam version doesn't include the same 13 Aerosoft airports by default ( ? )

Main Simulation Rig:

4 hours ago, jcomm said:

I noticed there is just CDG in the default airports in this Steam install ? I used to have a few more around Europe / USA ?

I think they updated some default airports in the latest release, so the aerosoft version have disappeared and been replaced by default gateway airports.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Exactly, but Steam XP11 users say the gateway versions are inferior to the Aerosoft ones. I used the "trick" mentioned in the above link and it worked :-)

Enjoying the latest version 11.02 RC1... :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Thx  Murmur and Jen, that's the link I followed yesterday to solve the pronlem, and worked, but I forgot to post it here ...

Then, as you opt beta again, the airports are again erased from the Custom Scenery folder, but since I had them stored in another folder, I moved it back again :-)

Main Simulation Rig: