Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

I thought this wasn't an issue in P3D?

Recent convert from FSX.  One thing that drove me mad in FSX was the tops of clouds flickering/intersecting with the tops of mountains.  I was always under the impression P3D used volumetric clouds where as FSX didn't.  Anyway I'm currently flying up the west cost towards Fellows VOR and the clouds are flickering like mad over the top of mountains??

Is this fixable or just how it is?  I use ASP4 with ASCA if that's any use.

Thanks

Thomas Derbyshire

In ASP4 under 'Cloud options' you will find a 'low cloud offset'.  This helps reducing that effect.

• Upvote 1

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

12 hours ago, sidfadc said:

Recent convert from FSX.  One thing that drove me mad in FSX was the tops of clouds flickering/intersecting with the tops of mountains.  I was always under the impression P3D used volumetric clouds where as FSX didn't.  Anyway I'm currently flying up the west cost towards Fellows VOR and the clouds are flickering like mad over the top of mountains??

I don't think I've ever seen this in P3D...

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

yep I saw it with my own eyes, although unlike FSX the flickering got better or worse depending on the viewing angle of the ezdok camera.  I was in an outside view holding middle mouse to pan.  I changed the low cloud offset setting in ASP4 but this didn't make that much difference either.

Thomas Derbyshire

I have the same problem , actually in a pretty neat installation, just P3Dv4, active sky v4, Malaga aerosoft v4 and the 737 of course v4, that's all, and guys, is like buying a new upgraded computer, if you have p3dv4 you know what I'm talking about, so easy to adjust for unthinkable results just a couple of months ago...

...  this mouse flickering... that I can see has been with PMDG for ages (I recall it well back in the times of fs9, beginning of fsx... I am to believe there was a fix, not sure, but today I join you guys in asking PMDG for a bit of advice on this.

Cheers

Kano

Intel i9-12900KF (no overclocked), MSI RTX 3090 Gamin Trio, 64GB XPG Lancer DDR5-5200, Asus ROG STRIX Z690-F Gaming, Seasonic Prime TX 1000w Titanium, Alphacool Eisbaer 280, Fractal Define 7 XL, LG 43UN700 4K