Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Blurries practically eliminated...FS Genesis!

I've been using FS Genesis US Landclass for many months now..maybe over a year. But yesterday, I was alerted to an update. US National Landclass version 1.10. It was released February 3. I didn't think it should make a difference in my views of land below me, but I SWEAR that my "blurries" have just about been eliminated. I don't know if it's from this FS Genesis Update or not, but it's very coincidental to say the least. The views below me are clear, and extremely beautiful. I do have Bev, UT, and Mesh (38mm) but since yesterday, I'm noticing an definite improvement since applying this update. I'm enjoying it very much. I sure hope this update has done this for me because I have no other explanation. I flew from Martha's Vineyard to North Carolina today, and as I flew from the Atlantic Ocean closer to the coast of North Carolina, I was amazed by the beauty of the views over land that I saw below me. The lights and dusk view were truly inspiring. Is this really possible? I really don't know. But I like it!http://portal.fsgenesis.net/

for some reason I havent been getting the email from them telling me they updated the files. excellent, thanks for the link. Looks like I missed a few.one of the greatest addons ever was buying this membership!!

Guest dpc

Thanks for the point-out. This release greatly improved the my hometown area so I've turned off the LC in Ultimate Terrain. Dave

Guest PDX Bailey

I too just downloaded the FS Genenis US National Landclass version 1.10 and turned off both of the Ultimate Terraine Land Options. IT DOES SEEM TO REDUCE THE BLURRIES. Justin...You Rock!

Yea, I don't know about the 'blurries', as I never had that problem...but I have to agree, Justin has made a really nice improvement with this release.It seems everywhere I have flown thus far is improved quite a bit. Well worth the 'bucks' IMO.

"IT DOES SEEM TO REDUCE THE BLURRIES."It's possible that Landclass which is very well done and efficiently covers an area could reduce blurries if it calls on MSFS to use fewer texture types to cover a specific area. Are there screenshots on Justin's site? I still have some freeware Sedona Mesh Justin created eons ago--he's an outstanding contributor to the hobby!-John

Guest Kingair315

Flying over WA, across Mt St Helen, and into Portland along the Columbia rive was really pleased with the difference. If you get nothing else from FSgenesis.com you will want the new landclass, and you can't beat the price!

Guest aca_dia

I just installed the new landclass version and after a quick random sample I am very happy with it. Kudos!

spilok,I'm curious as to what your system specs are and what your settings are in the TERRAIN section of the fs9.cfg? Thanks.

How does this landclass interact or is affected by either of Ultimate Terrain and/or Birds Eye View? I see you turned off the land class in UT.Thanks- Bruce.

Rick,I have a Dell Dimension 2.8GIG, 1024MG Ram, NVidia 6800GT OC 256MG video card, Soundblaster Audigy soundcard, and LCD monitor from Dell (18").Here is a section of my config.[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT -XTreme-G by TRU.0]Mode=1280x1024x32TriLinear=1[DISPLAY]UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=90.000000TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=10.000000TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=100.000000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=20TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=3TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.500000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=9.900000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=4Talk to you soon.