Sign in to follow this  
Alex Kulak

Bypass the 773 for the NGX for P3D v4

1 hour ago, mtrainer said:

The unrealistic thing raises its head again!  How is flying a computer realistic in the first place- one must admit we all have to put a certain amount of "realisim" behind just to enjoy this hobby.

The nice thing about flying the big boys on short hauls is that it builds the skills there they are most needed - take off and landings.   As a kid my friends and I watched B-52s doing countless touch and gos at Barksdale AFB, Louisiana.  We'd lay on the large round hay bales off the end of the runway (but just off base) and watch for hours on end.   Also got to see a lot of KC-135, KC-10, and A-10s doing the same thing.

My first flights with PDMG 747 QII were repeated touch and gos between Midway and O'Hare just outside of downtown Chicago.  Lots of good practice there.

And I too am psyched about the DC-6...

Mark Trainer

Ok that's cool and all and I understand your point of view about the computer and all but, some of us like myself enjoy flying on schedules and realistic routes with the REAL AIRCRAFT for a VA. I love doing this and I am part of SWVA and flying a 777 from KDEN-KMCO is not the most realistic thing for me to do.   

1 minute ago, scandinavian13 said:

We're just gonna wait here and twiddle our thumbs. No sense in shifting to another project or anything...

C'mon. Give us the benefit of the doubt here. We're not idiots, and we aren't new to the concept of project management.

Also: welcome to the forum, please sign your posts.

Thanks for the welcome. I don't believe you guys to be idiots but please for the love of god, UPDATE us more. Alot of us are sitting here doing exactly that, twiddling our thumbs while we wait. Some of us can not afford the VERY expensive 777 or insanely expensive 747 for V4 and are only confined to the defaults and freeware which for someone who has flown the NGX professionally for a year or so now IS ISIS LEVEL TORMENT. But you still have yet to answer my question "clearly" I guess, if the 37 is ready before the 777 will it be released and when can we expect it because this is starting to give me the same feeling the Aerosoft CRJ is. :ampun::blush::angry:

2 minutes ago, swapilot said:

Thanks for the welcome. I don't believe you guys to be idiots but please for the love of god, UPDATE us more. Alot of us are sitting here doing exactly that, twiddling our thumbs while we wait. Some of us can not afford the VERY expensive 777 or insanely expensive 747 for V4 and are only confined to the defaults and freeware which for someone who has flown the NGX professionally for a year or so now IS ISIS LEVEL TORMENT. But you still have yet to answer my question "clearly" I guess, if the 37 is ready before the 777 will it be released and when can we expect it because this is starting to give me the same feeling the Aerosoft CRJ is. :ampun::blush::angry:

His welcome was telling you to follow the rules and sign all your posts with your full name.

Also, relax. It's a FREE (YES FREE) update. They could say no we're not updating it to v4 or make you pay for it (Looking at you AS A32x) then what would you do? Try showing a bit of respect for people who are putting in time and effort to give you something for FREE.

Just now, PMDG777 said:

His welcome was telling you to follow the rules and sign all your posts with your full name.

Which I am now doing as you can see, god what is it on AVSIM with everyone always getting on people lol. I have a name now see \/  \//

Just now, swapilot said:

Which I am now doing as you can see, god what is it on AVSIM with everyone always getting on people lol. I have a name now see \/  \//

I edited my reply further, see above.

2 minutes ago, swapilot said:

I'm pretty sure that I did.

Whatever is ready first will be updated first. We're not stupid. We are fully aware of the concept of shifting resources to where they're able to move forward if an external influence halts progress.

Hell...I've been working on a project that none of you are even aware of during all of this, while also testing the 744, 77L, and DC6 in P3Dv3 and P3Dv4. Oh yeah, and also updating the tool that provides the micro updates.

...but no, like I said earlier, I have no idea in the slightest how to shift from project to project if he hit external snags. I routinely just sit on my hands while I wait for my co-workers to update the 744, 77L and DC6. What else could I be doing...?

Am I allowed to be upset at the fact that it seems like a lot of you are inferring we're too dumb to understand the concept of resource shifting and project/time management?

Kyle Rodgers

3 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

Also, relax. It's a FREE (YES FREE) update. They could say no we're not updating it to v4 or make you pay for it (Looking at you AS A32x) then what would you do? Try showing a bit of respect for people who are putting in time and effort to give you something for FREE.

I guess I don't understand what you're saying... the only time I brought up money was defending the people who don't have access to the quite expensive PMDG widebodys. Also if you are referring to the FSL 320, it is a free upgrade to V4 and I am a proud owner of the 320. It's great 

2 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

I'm pretty sure that I did.

Whatever is ready first will be updated first. We're not stupid. We are fully aware of the concept of shifting resources to where they're able to move forward if an external influence halts progress.

Hell...I've been working on a project that none of you are even aware of during all of this, while also testing the 744, 77L, and DC6 in P3Dv3 and P3Dv4. Oh yeah, and also updating the tool that provides the micro updates.

...but no, like I said earlier, I have no idea in the slightest how to shift from project to project if he hit external snags. I routinely just sit on my hands while I wait for my co-workers to update the 744, 77L and DC6. What else could I be doing...?

Am I allowed to be upset at the fact that it seems like a lot of you are inferring we're too dumb to understand the concept of resource shifting and project/time management?

Nobody is inferring that and being that this is your own forum, I think maybe you should try to be a little less "aggravated" 

WE ARE SIMPLY ASKED TO BE UPDATED being that the last update we got officially was about the 77W needing hot fix 1 and that it would be out this week, it's Friday, HF1 is released and still no update, just delays  

WOOOH! I just asked a simple question, got my answer within a minute, didn't need to go around questioning my knowledge. I'll support PMDG with any decision they make. After all they do make top of the line quality simulator planes to fly.

4 minutes ago, swapilot said:

I guess I don't understand what you're saying... the only time I brought up money was defending the people who don't have access to the quite expensive PMDG widebodys.

You're acting like PMDG owe you the NGX update for P3Dv4, when in reality, they're doing it for free. You're complaining about not getting something for free when you wanted it.

Also if you are referring to the FSL 320, it is a free upgrade to V4 and I am a proud owner of the 320. It's great 

No I really wasn't, I was referring to the Aerosoft A32x which they have announced will be a paid update to P3Dv4.

Nobody is inferring that and being that this is your own forum, I think maybe you should try to be a little less "aggravated" 

WE ARE SIMPLY ASKED TO BE UPDATED being that the last update we got officially was about the 77W needing hot fix 1 and that it would be out this week, it's Friday, HF1 is released and still no update, just delays  

When there's news, they will tell us. That has been the way in these forums since day 1. Maybe if you stopped writing everything in CAPSLOCK and started replying with a calmer attitude and show a bit of respect to them, they might return you the same.

Just now, PMDG777 said:

You're acting like PMDG owe you the NGX update for P3Dv4, when in reality, they're doing it for free. You're complaining about not getting something for free when you wanted it.

No I really wasn't, I was referring to the Aerosoft A32x which they have announced will be a paid update to P3Dv4.

No. Im complaining about a post that said we can fly the 74 or 77 while we wait. Not all of us have it. The aerosoft thing is dumb lol FSLABS is better and its free haha :biggrin:

1 minute ago, PMDG777 said:

When there's news, they will tell us. That has been the way in these forums since day 1. Maybe if you stopped writing everything in CAPSLOCK and started replying with a calmer attitude and show a bit of respect to them, they might return you the same.

Lol even before I got on he was taking that same attitude. 

1 minute ago, swapilot said:

No. Im complaining about a post that said we can fly the 74 or 77 while we wait. Not all of us have it. The aerosoft thing is dumb lol FSLABS is better and its free haha :biggrin:

That's when you buy the 74 or 77 to support future projects of pmdg 😊

Just now, swapilot said:

Then why are you acting so aggressively towards Kyle? Calm down.

Also, PMDG do not take kindly to people disrespecting other developers on this forum, so you might want to tone down those comments as well or you're going to be out of these forums faster than you'd like to be.