Sign in to follow this  
Aharon

This Can Ruin Everybody's Fun Of Creating & Post Screenshots

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Photobucket had made important announcement 2 days ago that could potentially ruin everybody's fun of creating and posting screenshots.

PhotoBucket now charges $399 for third-party hosted images.

Here is new rule for Photobucket:  Free account : Each individual Member gets one free account that provides 2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min. The free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting. If a free account Member exceeds their Content Limit, their account will be immediately suspended and they will need to become a “Paying Member” (defined below) in order to continue accessing their account. You can upgrade to a Plus account at any time.

Photobucket's new pricing system:

o Plus 50 Plan: 52 GB of Storage for $59.99 / Year. The Plus 50 Plan does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 100 Plan: 102 GB of Storage for $99.99 / Year. The Plus 100 Plan allows for unlimited image linking but not allow 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 500 Plan: 500 GB of Storage and unlimited bandwidth for $399.99 / Year. The Plus 500 Plan allows for unlimited image linking and unlimited 3rd party image hosting.

Here is the link for specific explanations by computer analyst experts as seen on this link:

https://www.ghacks.net/2017/06/30/photobucket-now-charges-399-for-third-party-hosted-images/

This is going to destroy flightsimmers' important hobby of creating beautiful screenshots.  Guess I will have to look for another very reliable and superb photo image hosting site. Shesshhhhh.

Regards,

Aharon

• Upvote 2

signCopy.jpg

To be honest, in recent months Photobucket has become more and more of a pain in the arse to use, with it popping up a ridiculous amount of adverts, some of which you can't even close the windows on. I don't mind such free sites banging up the odd advert to pay for what they do, but it's damn near unusable these days with all the ads it pops up now. So if one really loves posting pics all over the place, then sure, a small subscription fee is okay, but it would have to be small for me to consider it, otherwise I'd just host them on my own server.

• Upvote 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I use http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/, that I found through the Flight Simulation Store.  Donationware.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Just use imgur. You don't need an account if you want to post a one-off image(s), and you don't need to publish it to their "community" if you do get an account. 

• Upvote 1

I used to use photo bucket but now they are simply worse than unusable. I use Flickr now but Imgur is a good option IMO. 

+1 on imgur recommendations, it's been great. Photobucket has been a misery for ages now.

Barry Friedman

I use Google photos. I copy the image address and when posting to a forum I add .jpg to the end of the URL. Free account and unlimited storage. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Which one is better: Flickr or Imgur or FsFiles?

I need same method found in Facebook where I can see a page of 25 screenshots with BBB code below each of screenshots where I can click on, copy on and paste on aviation forums.

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Someone here recommended tinypic for web image posting.  No account needed, no nasty stuff about picture size resolution, works great on avsim for all the screen shots I posted I'm the last few years.   Using it feels a bit slimy, something got to pay the bills, but safe and no problems so far.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

I gave up on Photobucket years ago and now only use SmugMug.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Thanks all for very interesting comments.

I have been using Photobucket for almost TEN years for millions of my screenshots published in various aviation forums and NOW I have to look for a new image hosting site that can offer BBB code below each of 25 screenshots per page so that I can click on BBB img code and paste on forum post for fast work writing a flight screenshot report.

Got to evaluate Imgur and Flickr as well as FSFiles to see which one offers me painless and fast copy of IMG codes.  Remember I publish an average of 45 screenshots per post.

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

There are plenty of options aside Photobucket.  So I can't see how people's enjoyment of screenshots is under threat.  We could just use one of the many alternatives to Photobucket.

I tend to use http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/

or ServIMG

Works fine. :smile:

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.