Orbx NA LC

Flying 7 hours back and forth.

NO OOM!

giphy.gif

• Upvote 4

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

There is no doubt that P3Dv4 is at the top of it game. We all pretty much know that when a new version or platform get install you will need a better graphic card and/or CPU. Unless you bought something way ahead of it time which is worth thousands.  I am very excited what PMDG may do with their planes.  They are my all time favorite and I go where they go.  They are simply top notch.  

David. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, davjg said:

There is no doubt that P3Dv4 is at the top of it game. We all pretty much know that when a new version or platform get install you will need a better graphic card and/or CPU. Unless you bought something way ahead of it time which is worth thousands.  I am very excited what PMDG may do with their planes.  They are my all time favorite and I go where they go.  They are simply top notch.  

David. 

Top of it's game with a 'smooth' 17 FPS in external view? Wow, p3d has hit the big time.....not. 

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, Green parks said:

Top of it's game with a 'smooth' 17 FPS in external view? Wow, p3d has hit the big time.....not. 

I'm not sure what exciting, high tech flight sim that you are using, but for me a fully loaded P3d V4 with the IQ settings almost all maxed-out and XP11 with 3rd party weather, clouds and aircraft, also almost maxed-out IQ settings, give almost the identical smoothness and FPS. What limits flight sim performance are a number of relatively straightforward factors, including the sophistication of the hardware, the IQ settings and the number of detailed add-ons.

15 hours ago, Green parks said:

Still hung up on FPS I see. Smooth is smooth - it's not *almost* smooth or *pretty* smooth. It's black and white - smooth or not AND if it's smooth - FPS means nothing. Smooth at 60, 30 or 20 will look the same.

And if you want to say that you can tell the difference - then I say they're NOT smooth.

I've always been an advocate of P3d but even I was surprised by the exceptional quality of V4. Some of the images literally take my breath away.

Vic

• Upvote 4

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

16 hours ago, Green parks said:

You are only getting 17 fps? What do you have for a pc? Tandy1000? :biggrin:

Seriously though, comparing my config files from P3Dv3.4 and P3Dv4, and then adjusting P3Dv4 to match, I am getting a little more than double the frame rate. Using the default F22, Orbx PNW, FSDT Vancouver with GSX, and AS16, providing the thunder storms. fps counter in the sim shows 68.

As vgbaron said, "Smooth is smooth"

Edited by Jazzfan
added aircraft type...
  • Upvote 1

On 02/07/2017 at 5:50 AM, vgbaron said:

Still hung up on FPS I see. Smooth is smooth - it's not *almost* smooth or *pretty* smooth. It's black and white - smooth or not AND if it's smooth - FPS means nothing. Smooth at 60, 30 or 20 will look the same.

And if you want to say that you can tell the difference - then I say they're NOT smooth.

I've always been an advocate of P3d but even I was surprised by the exceptional quality of V4. Some of the images literally take my breath away.

Vic

So incorrect that it's not funny. Smooth isn't achievable when you can see the frames move. And at 17, you can see them.  From 25 and under it's pointless. 

Fps is everything. 

Many simmers must have some poorly set up PC's and flight sims if they think 17 is good.

i got better then that by a long margin in FSX with less capable hardware. 

• Upvote 2

On 02/07/2017 at 6:37 AM, Jazzfan said:

You are only getting 17 fps? What do you have for a pc? Tandy1000? :biggrin:

Seriously though, comparing my config files from P3Dv3.4 and P3Dv4, and then adjusting P3Dv4 to match, I am getting a little more than double the frame rate. Using the default F22, Orbx PNW, FSDT Vancouver with GSX, and AS16, providing the thunder storms. fps counter in the sim shows 68.

As vgbaron said, "Smooth is smooth"

No. I lock at 30 and that's what I get...in FSX.  With full ai as well. And only a GTX 560. 

9 minutes ago, Green parks said:

So incorrect that it's not funny. Smooth isn't achievable when you can see the frames move. And at 17, you can see them.  From 25 and under it's pointless. 

Fps is everything. 

Many simmers must have some poorly set up PC's and flight sims if they think 17 is good.

i got better then that by a long margin in FSX with less capable hardware. 

Did you NOT read what I posted? IF YOU CAN SEE THE FRAMES IT IS NOT SMOOTH.  Is that so hard to understand? BUT there are people who are getting SMOOTH at low fps - just because you cannot is no reason to dispute anyone else's results. There are some people that can not get it smooth at 30 or unlimited. If your system works like a champ at 30 - enjoy it but please do not tell me or anyone else that MY sim is not smooth.

You will find that what's so" incorrect it's not funny" is your statement that FPS is everything - hasn't been that way for quite a while in P3D, but obviously it's important to you.

edit: I see you are talking about FSX - there I agree with you. FSX is incapable of getting anything smooth much below 30.

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Just now, vgbaron said:

Did you NOT read what I posted? IF YOU CAN SEE THE FRAMES IT IS NOT SMOOTH.  Is that so hard to understand? BUT there are people who are getting SMOOTH at low fps - just because you cannot is no reason to dispute anyone else's results. There are some people that can not get it smooth at 30 or unlimited. If your system works like a champ at 30 - enjoy it but please do not tell me or anyone else that MY sim is not smooth.

You will find that what's so" incorrect it's not funny" is your statement that FPS is everything - hasn't been that way for quite a while in P3D, but obviously it's important to you.

Vic

It is just not possible to get smooth at 17. 'Smooth' yes. But not smooth. 

Yes, true about higher FPS. 30 or 60 can also not be smooth. But a smooth 30fps will trounce a 'smooth' 17 anyday if the week. 

But enjoy your low FPS with the latest hardware and 'modern' platform. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Green parks said:

But enjoy your low FPS with the latest hardware and 'modern' platform. 

I do! I do! and because I'm not wasting processing power on unneeded FPS I can rack the sliders to max also. 

Enjoy your high fps in FSX - when you get P3D come back and discuss some more.

Vic

• Upvote 2