XPlane 10 or 11 poll.

So, which one is it?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. XP10 or XP11?

• XP11
    • XP10
    • Both

On 8/22/2017 at 2:08 PM, Patriot3810 said:

someone should do an x-plane 11 and p3d poll, i am curious to see how many people moved to x-plane or use both now.

Would be hard to do an unbiased one

however if your poll just stated people who moved at avsim it might be possible.  We've certainly seen some people adopt It from avsim but avsim is a heavily ESP-favored forum.

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I much prefer Xp-11's look and feel, even over P3d which I also have.  The mesh alone is outstanding, the atmosphere convincing, included aircraft are nice, and fps quite good.  Only downside is the cities are unrealistic, Las Vegas McCarran doesn't even have a terminal and just stock block buildings for the strip.  FS9 does a better job there than XP-11.  But since most of my flights are over open country I can manage this.  Also autogen in XP-11 is outstanding.  I don't use autogen in P3d as I find it unrealistic, but I use it in XP-11 and find it location specific.  In Europe, the autogen looks European for instance.  No such thing as a perfect sim, but I find XP-11 a great sim in most respects.  I have not upgraded to the latest version however and I probably won't since it is working fine as is.

John

49 minutes ago, Cactus521 said:

I much prefer Xp-11's look and feel, even over P3d which I also have.  The mesh alone is outstanding, the atmosphere convincing, included aircraft are nice, and fps quite good.  Only downside is the cities are unrealistic, Las Vegas McCarran doesn't even have a terminal and just stock block buildings for the strip.  FS9 does a better job there than XP-11.  But since most of my flights are over open country I can manage this.  Also autogen in XP-11 is outstanding.  I don't use autogen in P3d as I find it unrealistic, but I use it in XP-11 and find it location specific.  In Europe, the autogen looks European for instance.  No such thing as a perfect sim, but I find XP-11 a great sim in most respects.  I have not upgraded to the latest version however and I probably won't since it is working fine as is.

John

If you had upgraded to the latest (11.05) then you would have found that McCarran has been completely redone. See here.

12 minutes ago, JGregory said:

If you had upgraded to the latest (11.05) then you would have found that McCarran has been completely redone. See here.

Thanks, I guess I will have to upgrade on my next start of XP-11.  I've stalled on it because of the download time.  It took some hours to do the original install, probably because I installed all the scenery!

John

1 hour ago, Cactus521 said:

Thanks, I guess I will have to upgrade on my next start of XP-11.  I've stalled on it because of the download time.  It took some hours to do the original install, probably because I installed all the scenery!

Don't worry, the updates are incremental, so after the first install, the subsequent updates are usually very fast (a few MB for minor updates, a few hundred MB for very big updates I think).

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Thanks, currently I am in a P3d flight in Carenado's Citation 525.  Will jump back to X-Plane on my next flight.  I usually swap sims every other flight so I can enjoy the strengths of both.  I probably spend a couple hours a day simming now on my new rig.  I had almost stopped on my old one but these two sims have breathed new life into my hobby, more enhancements from FSX and FS9.  Hopefully I can stay in this hobby until I hit my sixties in a few years, then we will see what we have then, there will probably be some computing break-thru between now and then although it's been a slow rise into the 3.5GHZ plus territory.  It's been a long way from my Commodore 64 and my Atari ST to now, I believed sims would evolve this way but to see it actually come true is amazing.

John

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, JGregory said:

I installed the update about a half hour ago and noted the changes in Vegas, quite like the new look, much better than the old Vegas. Little touches but it was nice!  Don't know what else they changed, I guess I will have to browse the forums.

John